Chess Free - with coach
▻ Do you want to learn or improve at Chess?
▻ Do you want to master the most prestigious, the classiest game ever, while having fun?
Chess FREE is EASY, is guaranteed to improve your chess, and you will not have to read any boring lesson!
How does it work? It's really simple: you just play! The coach shows you the moves a Grandmaster would pick. Not just one move, but the 4 best moves.
Sounds silly? Well think about it... How did you learn to talk when you were a child? Did you take grammar and spelling lessons? Of course not. You just went with the flow! Because that's the most effective way to learn!
Chess FREE allows you to do just that, AND IT WORKS!
In two minutes from now you are going to start learning effortlessly. You start having fun immediately, and notice after just a few games that the right moves come to your mind naturally, as if they were obvious.
If it still sounds incredible, please read the reviews below. Chess FREE has one of the highest customer satisfaction of the App Store.
Chess FREE is the only chess coach of this kind, and is also one of the MOST COMPLETE chess apps for players of all levels:
NEW: Chess FREE is a HD+ universal app, designed for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, including all Retina Display devices. Purchase it once and use it on all your devices!
NEW: a collection of more than 3600 classical and historical games is now included in the app! Watch a 13 years old Bobby Fischer defeat a grandmaster in the game of the century! Enjoy replaying the games of the greatest players of all times: Capablanca, Philidor, Steinitz, Lasker, Morphy, and many others!
• The rules of chess are included and easily accessible for reference.
• Just tap on a piece and the app shows you its legal moves.
• Multi-Best (MB) mode: Chess FREE can watch over your shoulder and suggest 4 excellent moves.
• Chess FREE can warn you when your opponent is about to play a very dangerous move.
• 28 trainer levels of increasing difficulty designed to improve your chess skills are provided.
• The chess engine is of very high quality, the guarantee to learn from a good professor.
• Naturally Chess FREE knows and applies perfectly all the official rules of chess.
• Both USCF and FIDE rating scales are supported.
• Chess FREE has the Chess Tiger engine built in. It is currently one of the strongest chess engines for mobile devices.
• On current devices it reaches a level close to 2700 Elo (grandmaster).
• Chess FREE (Chess Tiger engine) has been ranked twice as the number one chess engine on the SSDF list (the worldwide recognized and independent computer's rating list).
• You can save your games in collections and replay them later.
• You can exchange games with your friends very easily by email (both for sending and receiving).
• You can set up any position.
• The chess engine displays its thinking, up to 20 plies ahead.
• You can analyze a game by replaying it. Chess FREE tells you when a bad move has been played by coloring it in red. The 4 best moves in every position are colored in green.
• Chess FREE supports variations and allows you to test "What if..." scenarios without erasing your current game.
OTHER FEATURES INCLUDE:
• 15 gorgeous predefined visual themes that you can also customize.
• 9 chess pieces sets (wood, ebony & ivory, metal, glass, …).
• 14 board styles (marble, blue marble, wood, metal, stone, …).
• A collection of 3600 famous games of the greatest players of all times.
• "Reload last game" allows you to retrieve the most recent game, even if you have forgotten to save it.
• 4 different playing styles, ranging from the quiet to suicidal, which you can apply to all the levels.
• Includes an opening book of more than one million moves. And it can be turned off.
• Many customization options (graphics, sounds, engine output…).
Thank you so much for all the great reviews! As each update resets the ratings count, please take a moment to update your review for the current version.
Also, if you ever have a problem with the game, please write us via the "Report a problem" option, which is available from the Options menu, or with "Contact us" on our website (http://www.chesstiger.com). We answer all email promptly, and work very hard to solve any problems that come up.
If you send a review to report a problem, we have absolutely no way to contact you back. So you will not receive any answer, and it's a pity because we probably already have a solution to your problem!
A few improvements based on users comments.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Aug 03, 2012
- Christophe Théron
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (1619)
- 21.5 MB