This app was removed from the App Store.
Backgammon NJ Starter Edition
iOS iPhone Games
Backgammon NJ Starter Edition is a full-featured backgammon game which uses an advanced, neural network-based, artificial intelligence. This Starter Edition is geared toward beginning to intermediate-level players. Players can match wits against a computer opponent or play against another person in 2-player mode on a single device. Using Tutor Mode and Hints, Backgammon NJ Starter Edition can show you how to improve your game.
This Starter Edition uses the same world-class AI as the full edition to provide the same Hints and Tutoring features.
Backgammon NJ Starter Edition is not for advanced users who have played other top desktop backgammon games such as GNU Backgammon or Snowie. If you are an advanced user, please see our other app, Backgammon NJ.
REVIEWS FOR FULL EDITION
"Backgammon NJ is without question the best backgammon program for the iPhone. It plays at a very high level and is such a good program that I often use it myself to practice." -Phil Simborg, Professional Backgammon Teacher and Player, www.thebackgammonlearningcenter.com
"[I] know strong bg play when I see it. This app is the strongest iPhone bg app I've played with by far. It does not cheat period. ...Analyzing these matches with eXtreme Gammon confirms a world class level of play with normal luck factors. If you are losing, get over it. So would 99.9% of the other backgammon players in the world. It is just that good. Learn from it." -Richard Munitz, Giant of Backgammon, #21 world ranking in 2009
"Excellent graphics, very responsive and intuitive interface."
"I've tried other bg apps on this and other platforms, none are even close for ease of play, AI or just general use."
• Neural network-based AI
• 2 game types: Standard Backgammon or Nackgammon
• 2 skill levels: Beginner, Intermediate
• Customizable board design & checker colors
• Mersenne Twister algorithm for random number generation
• Doubling cube
• Single games or match play to 1, 3, 5, 7, or 15 points
• Crawford rule for match play
• 1-player mode vs. computer
• 2-player mode on a single device
• User-friendly, tap-to-move interface
• Highlighted checker movement options
• Hint & Undo
• Learn as you play with Status Meter & Tutor Mode
• Game & dice statistics
• Sound effects
• Options to reverse board direction, resign, use one-tap moves, auto bearoff, auto finish, & much more
- Added 2 new board designs
- Added dice statistics
- Added Auto Finish game option
- Added Confirm Doubles option
- Added GnuBG position and match ID
- Fixed a bug related to doubling in single games