This app was removed from the App Store.
Angel Basketball 3D
iOS Universal Games
A note from the developers (02/04/2011):
Angel Basketball Free version is now available on the App Store.
If you notice a slight lag in AB3D after signing into gamecenter for the first time, simply restart your game, the lag will be gone. *Remember, fully restarting an app means to kill it in the "task manager" (double press the Home button) first and then start the app again.
Angel Basketball is a stylish 3D basketball shooting game for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. In a nutshell, Angel Basketball is an arcade basketball hoop with elegant 3D environment, real physics, 3D sound effects, variety of stages/modes, competitive scoring schemes, and more. Read on ...
Notable features and description:
- Ultra responsive, simple, and realistic finger motion control.
- 8 Shooting positions.
- Vs CPU mode with 3 level of difficulties.
- 1 Main court stage and 4 mini fun stages.
- Leaderboards and Achievements all set up.
- Player controls the ball throwing with a 2-stages finger motion (pull back and flick upward). Pulling back adjusts the angel of the shot. Flicking upward control the power and the direction (left or right) of the shot.
- This kind of finger motion also allows the player to get a nice tempo going where he/she can comfortably shoot 3 to 4 balls per second.
- Gorgeous environment. See the screenshots!
- Realistic 3D Physics. Really, things don't get any more real than this.
- High quality and realistic 3D sound effects. Enjoy the bounces!
- 4 fun stages in the "Angel Room". Stage 1 has a short distance rim (free-throw range). Stage 2 has a longer distance rim (3pt range). Stage 3 has a rim that dynamically allocates itself in the scene. Stage 4 has a rim that moves left and right.
- Competitive scoring metrics. For the "Angel Room" mode, each Clean Shot gets you double points and plus 7 second on the time clock. Score a N-In-a-Row to get N times the base points. The main court stage has a similar scheme.
From many user feedbacks, we found that most players make consistent shots by doing a swipe motion (upward) after the initial pull back. There are also some players who are good with just "pushing" (as opposed to swiping) the ball upward. So, we encourage you to try different hand/finger positioning to find out what you are most comfortable with.
Lastly, enjoy the game!
- Added a new stage modeled after realistic basketball court.
- Added 21 new Achievements.
- CPU mode is now added. Players can now play against noob, normal, and pro level Computers and earn corresponding achievements.
- Players can now pick shooting positions (8 in total) on this court.
- Basketball is now skinned using real basketball texture.
- A new Leaderboard is set up for the new court.
- Old stages will now be found in the "Angel Room".