Air Hockey Gold
iOS Universal Games
Thanks to the millions of Air Hockey players around the world! Air Hockey Gold is CNET's #1 of the 15 Best Free iPad Games! #1 free game for the iPad - Tech Radar. One of the top 10 free iPad games of all time! - Yahoo Games. The #1 iPad game in the UK! "My favorite application...Acceleroto's Air Hockey...it is so awesome" - Patrick Norton, Revision3
Play on your iPhone or iPad! Featured by Gizmodo's Kotaku & TUAW!
On the All-Time Top Free iPhone & iPad Apps lists!
This is the ad-supported free version of Air Hockey by Acceleroto. For awesome Air Hockey action without any ads, get Air Hockey!
Join the millions of people who love Air Hockey by Acceleroto! "Air Hockey from Acceleroto is the best" - Macworld.
With the option for 1 or 2 pucks, this 1 and 2-player air hockey favorite is a blast for young & old alike! This is the only air hockey that lets you play with 2 pucks at once!
If you're alone, play a computer opponent ranging from Kiddie to INSANE! Get a friend and grab your mallets to see who dominates the table in 2-player mode. Try off the wall banks & combos to spoil your opponent's defenses and be the first to score 7 points - just like in real air hockey!
You'll play with easy to control mallets that aren't too big or small and a puck that rockets across the table. The goals are sized to perfectly balance rapid game play and the challenge of the game. Advanced physics and air hockey sounds make the game act and sound like you're playing on a real table!
Air Hockey by Acceleroto. Hit it!
Follow us on twitter for the latest news bits:
Lead developer: Bryan Duke (@GrouchoDuke)
f you want an ad-free version of this game, buy Air Hockey by Acceleroto!
Thanks to all the millions and millions of Air Hockey Gold players out there! We dragged Air Hockey Gold, kicking and screaming, into iOS 10 happiness. As you know, Air Hockey's been around a while. You wouldn't believe the mess we found in there. So, we ripped off some bandages, stripped out the bailing wire, and had to melt off some duct tape - but here it is! Here's what's new:
- 64 BITS OF GOODNESS! You won't see that warning about the developer needing to do an update anymore. Air Hockey, however, still runs exactly as awesomely fast as it ever did.
- Added support for iPad Pro along with all the latest iPhone models & screen sizes.
- Melted & reformed the menu code. (We'll add that replay button some day...it didn't make this version though.)
- Taught the AI some new tricks. The computer player is now a little smarter/different and better at using the whole table.
- Reflowed the goal detection logic to make sure we always catch those sneaky pucks.
- Made the Air Hockey logo shiny and happy again...and it sits were we told it to.
- Fixed the middle-of-the-screen pause screen double tap button placement. It was trying to get away.
- Fancied up the menu background translucent coloring a bit.
- New launch screen. Some devices & iOS versions saw some odd behavior in the last version. No more!
- Reworked the device rotation code. You absolutely won't notice a difference, but it looks so much nicer under the hood.
- OK. Would you believe that until now Air Hockey still used a modified version of the way-long-gone OpenFeint to handle GameCenter? It was messy. MESSY. We had to use a chainsaw and leaf blower, but it's all gone & replaced with sweet native Game Center code. (Please please let us know if you can find any Game Center, ummm, "integration issues" that are still hanging around.)
- Did some really minor graphics tweaks in a couple places. There was a spec that was a quarter pixel off. Kicked it!
- Killed some sound bugs.
- So many little odds & ends that we forgot them all. We did stuff. It was good. There was much rejoicing.
Secret developer note from days of old: Did you know that the goal sounds in Air Hockey were recorded by sliding a plastic air hockey puck across a granite kitchen counter top into a glass mixing bowl with a wash cloth in it? It took about 100 tries plus some editing to get the few goal sounds we use in the game. Those were the days!