Learn English with Johnny Grammar's Word Challenge
iOS Universal Education
What’s the difference between “in time” and “on time”? What do you call a person who cuts a man’s hair? What do you call an animal doctor?
Beat the clock and answer as many spelling, vocabulary and grammar questions as you can in this 60-second quiz!
Johnny Grammar’s Word Challenge is a quiz for English learners to test common vocabulary, spelling and grammar that appear in everyday English.
- 3 difficulty levels – Easy, Medium, Hard
- 3 categories – Words, Grammar, Spelling
- 10 topics that include Food & Restaurants, Travel, Idioms and Hobbies.
- Earn badges as you progress and share your score with others on the leaderboard!
- Compete with others on a global leaderboard
- Feedback is given for the wrong answers so that you know why they’re wrong.
Find even more exciting language activities at
PERSONAL DATA AND PRIVACY
LEARN ENGLISH WITH THE BRITISH COUNCIL
Learn English in our classrooms with the world’s English experts. We’ve been teaching English for more than 75 years and have helped more than 100 million people in 100 different countries improve their English skills and build their confidence. Visit www.britishcouncil.org/english to find out more information.
ABOUT THE BRITISH COUNCIL’S ENGLISH LEARNING APPS
The British Council creates top English learning apps for learners of all ages. You can download our apps to practise grammar, vocabulary and listening. Visit our website to see all our apps www.britishcouncil.org/mobilelearning.
- We've optimised the app for the latest range of Apple iPhones and Tablets
- We've fixed some bugs and made some more back-end improvements
- We've made some big speed improvements to the loading time of the Leaderboard and the Results screen! Thanks for all your feedback about this...
- Bug fixes and other internal improvements