Learn English with Johnny Grammar's Word Challenge
iOS Universal Education
What’s the difference between “in time” and “on time”? What do you call a person who cuts a man’s hair? What do you call an animal doctor?
Beat the clock and answer as many spelling, vocabulary and grammar questions as you can in this 60-second quiz!
Johnny Grammar’s Word Challenge is a quiz for English learners to test common vocabulary, spelling and grammar that appear in everyday English.
- 3 difficulty levels – Easy, Medium, Hard
- 3 categories – Words, Grammar, Spelling
- 10 topics that include Food & Restaurants, Travel, Idioms and Hobbies.
- Earn badges as you progress and share your score with others on the leaderboard!
- Compete with others on a global leaderboard
- Feedback is given for the wrong answers so that you know why they’re wrong.
Find even more exciting language activities at
PERSONAL DATA AND PRIVACY
LEARN ENGLISH WITH THE BRITISH COUNCIL
Learn English in our classrooms with the world’s English experts. We’ve been teaching English for more than 75 years and have helped more than 100 million people in 100 different countries improve their English skills and build their confidence. Visit www.britishcouncil.org/english to find out more information.
ABOUT THE BRITISH COUNCIL’S ENGLISH LEARNING APPS
The British Council creates top English learning apps for learners of all ages. You can download our apps to practise grammar, vocabulary and listening. Visit our website to see all our apps www.britishcouncil.org/mobilelearning.
- Performance improvements
- Fixed a bug that was causing the app to crash
- Updated the design so that the app has a fresh new look!
- Added Facebook login. You can now use your Facebook login to compete on the leaderboard
- Added more time to each quiz. Thank you for all your feedback about the time given to complete each quiz, we really appreciate it! Please continue to send us feedback so we can improve the app for you!
- Bug fixes