Wine Simplified: Learn Food and Wine Pairing, and Shop with Confidence
2013 Winner, "Best Non-Fiction App" from the Digital Book World Awards
Conquer every wine list and wine store with confidence, with “Wine Simplified,” made exclusively for the iPad and iPhone.
“Wine Simplified” takes a unique approach to teaching you how to understand what you like and how to get it, with tasting videos and fun interactives, not tedious memorization.
COOL HUNTING • “Wine Simplified is an approachable and navigable guide with ample opportunities to delve into more detail. It is rife with practical advice for ordering and buying, aimed at bringing amateur oenophiles up to speed.”
GIZMODO • “Wine Simplified is a an iOS app that’ll teach you everything you need to know about wine.”
DIGITAL BOOK WORLD • “Wine Simplified exemplifies the best in innovative reading experiences.”
► Watch our short trailer video at betterbook.com/wine
WHY IT’S A BETTERBOOK
“Wine Simplified” is a book made exclusively for the iPad and iPhone, and includes:
► 90 minutes of video tutorials: Guided video tastings are designed for you to pick up your own wine and follow along at home
► 240 audio pronunciation guides
► Dozens of interactive guided tours and slideshows walk you through complex wine labels, winemaking, shopping, and ordering
► Quick-reference glossary and pop-up tips with key terms and definitions accessible throughout
WHAT THE BOOK WILL DO
► Learn to identify what you like
So you just tasted a wine you enjoyed. Learn to describe what you liked and how to repeat that experience the next time and every time after that. Make wine shopping a stress-free event.
► Pick the perfect wine for every dish
Forget memorizing every possible wine-dish combination in the world. Learn the basics of how wine interacts with food (hint: rich, fatty foods go great with high-alcohol wines), and pick the “right” wine every time.
► Decode wine labels and lists
Wine labels and lists may seem like a mess of grapes, obscure place names, and stuffy terminology. Move past that flowery marketing language and learn where to look. Location and alcohol content can tell you a lot!
► Use rudimentary science and geography to predict wine style
If you can picture how peaches change in flavor as they ripen on the tree, then you can easily grasp the flavor shift found in wines from chilly Northern Italy to sunny California. Conquer a handful of basic concepts and never be stumped again.
► Author, Marnie Old
Marnie is a sommelier and veteran wine educator based in Philadelphia. She has served as Director of Wine Studies at the French Culinary Institute in New York, and is a wine columnist for the Philadelphia Daily News. She has written two books, “Wine Secrets” and “He Said Beer, She Said Wine.”
“Marnie is a breath of fresh air in the wine world.”—Michael Mondavi
“No-one feels stupid when Marnie talks about wine. Not even me.”—Bill Cosby
“Marnie is one of the most efficient and entertaining wine educators in the US.”—Kevin Zraly
► Featured Contributor, Anthony Giglio
Anthony is a sommelier and wine author who has written several books, including Food & Wine Magazine's Wine Guide for 2009, 2010, and 2011. He has also written several editions of the popular Mr. Boston Official Bartender's Guide.
Minor bug fixes.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Mar 10, 2014
- Food & Drink
- Inkling Systems, Inc.
- 198.3 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.00 (4)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (39)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Bates' Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking - Complete Medical Reference Textbook
• Bates' Pocket Guide to Physical Examination - Complete Medical Reference Textbook
• Boards and Wards: For USMLE Steps 2 & 3 - Test Prep & Review Book
• Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine - Official Reference eBook for Doctors, Healthcare Professionals, and Students
• Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine: Sample
• Inkling - Read Interactive Books, eBooks, Textbooks, and How-To Guides on iPad, iPhone, Mac and PC
• Inkling Axis
• Master Your DSLR Camera: A Better Way to Learn Digital Photography
• Modernist Cuisine at Home
• Professional Chef - The Culinary Institute of America’s Official Cooking, Baking, and Recipe eBook
• Step-Up to Medicine - Clinical Review and USMLE Test Prep
• Wolters Kluwer MBE Bar Prep by Steven L. Emanuel