This app was removed from the App Store.
Miami Cheap Eats & Street Food
iOS Universal Food & Drink
••• Miami's best deals & food trucks •••
Miami is a cultural stew like no other: a mad fusion of Caribbean and Latin American flavors, a dash of European finesse, a soupcon of old-school Americana and a sprinkle of Asian. Season with local tropical fruits and seafood, 70+ food trucks and affordable cafes, diners and, serving everything from burgers to pizza to fried shrimp sandwiches. We're here to tell you our best discoveries.
••• WHAT'S INSIDE MIAMI CHEAP EATS •••
• 150+ places serving tasty food at good, fair prices.
• Ever tried a frita? Pupusas? Pan con minuta? We'll tell you where to find the most delicious examples of Miami's melting pot cuisine. Plus, nearly 1,000 photos help you decide where to go!
• Up-to-date food truck reports - where to find gourmet BBQ, tacos, grilled cheese, artisan gelato, banh mi and much more. Find out who has what and where to find them.
• Hidden gems downtown and in your neighborhood, perfect for work and after work.
• Firsthand reviews. We visited all these places to make sure their food wasn't just cheap, it was worth your hard-earned money. With free crowd-sourced apps, you get what you pay for - a popularity contest that doesn't tell you what to expect. With Miami Cheap Eats, you get savvy advice on what to order and what it costs.
• Restaurant maps so you can see what's nearby.
• Real community! In-the-know foodies give up-to-date comments ... and we'll jump in to answer your questions!
••• OUR CHEAP EATS RULES •••
• "Cheap" is relative to location. What's cheap in South Beach is not cheap in Little Havana. We do include prices so there are no surprises.
• "Cheap splurge" means good value. These are places where, if you order carefully, you'll get a good meal with date-worthy ambiance.
• Value and quality trumps quantity: For $6, an excellent duck banh mi sandwich on a small piece of exquisite crusty baguette beats a 12-inch sub of mystery meat on spongy bread.
• Worthy treats. To us, a really delicious strawberry milkshake for $5 qualifies as a terrific value (and meal in itself).
• Careful curation. This is not meant to be all-inclusive. In Miami, there are hundreds of decent Cuban lunch counters, for example, so we zoomed in on a few good choices.
• Special promotions. We'll tell you how you can get the most bang for your buck.
• Frequent updates. We know there are more discoveries all over greater Miami! We'll keep looking. Jump into the conversation and let us know your faves.
Ready to join us in exploring the abundance of diverse, cheap places to eat in Miami? Join the Miami Cheap Eats community!
••• About the Author •••
Longtime Miamian Gretchen Schmidt seeks out spicy Indian food, the ideal baguette and dishes with fish sauce and sriracha. She writes for Edible South Florida (follow @EdibleSoFla on Twiter) and has written about South Florida in Miami Night+Day, Time Out Miami, Fodor's and tourism publications. She's also author of Sutro Media's Miami Essentials.
From Caracas, Venezuela, Alfredo Anez is a talented photographer, illustrator and graphic designer who has worked on numerous publications including Edible South Florida, inflight magazines and travel and tourism publications for the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau, the state of Florida and Mexico. See his work at alfredoanez.blogspot.com.
••• About Sutro Media •••
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
- lots of new iOS 7 bug fixes
- fixed recent bug with twitter field
- fixed landscape transition issue
- resolved display issue on iPhone 5
- more offline photos on original download and faster download of offline content
- fixed intermittent bug with dynamic updates
- added better crash analytics and fixed a number of intermittent stability problems