This app was removed from the App Store.
Gluten Free Shopping Scanner – The Easy Way to Eat Gluten Free Confidently
iOS iPhone Food & Drink
Gluten Free Shopping Scanner offers an easy way to shop for gluten-free products.
* If you have the previous version of this app, please delete or uninstall it before downloading the update for it to work properly.*
It was created to help people make more informed choices at mainstream grocery stores. While you're at the grocery store, you simply use the app's barcode scanner to search the database of over 650,000 products for information about a specific item. The database is the largest and most comprehensive database in the market!
The app will then tell you whether or not that product contains gluten, with a green thumbs-up for "Contains No Gluten" and a red thumbs-down for "Contains Gluten."
Do you have Celiac Disease?
Are you trying to eat more gluten free foods?
Do you want to simplify your grocery shopping?
With scan-match rates of up to 80%, chances are that Gluten Free Shopping Scanner can help you decide what to buy faster and enable you to make more informed purchasing decisions!
Here's how Gluten Free Shopping Scanner can help:
- Scan product barcodes, search for products, or browse by categories
- Quickly see if the product contains gluten
- Read info about common food ingredients
- Learn more with convenient links to Wikipedia articles
- Select allergen free, healthy alternatives
If you care about eating a gluten-free diet, then Gluten Free Shopping Scanner is perfect for you.
DISCLAIMER: Gluten tolerance (or intolerance!) varies from person to person. You should still consult with a physician or dietitian before deciding what specific foods and ingredients are safe for you to eat.
The health-related information found in the app serves a general educational and commercial purpose, but keep in mind that food manufacturers may change the ingredients of their products at any time. Also certain ingredients are at risk for cross contamination during processing. As a result, Gluten Free Shopping Scanner data may be erroneous, incomplete, or outdated. Depending on your level of intolerance, you may want to only consume foods that have been gluten free certified by a gluten free certification organization.
Always read product labels before consuming potentially safe or unsafe foods. When in doubt, consult with your doctor and contact the manufacturer.
If you have the previous version of this app, please delete or uninstall it before downloading the update for it to work properly.
This update is the “fix all” update you have been waiting for. The initial problems experienced in the previous versions of our app are resolved. We have also implemented several safety nets to prevent further mistakes.
- We have fixed the bug that was making products show up with incorrect gluten statuses
- We have updated our database
- We have added a button to “report a mistake”
- We have updated our ingredient list
- We have added a message center that allows us to communicate with you.
- We are adding new products daily to continue to improve the user experience of this app
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your support, patience, and understanding.