Wines of the World
A database of wines from dozens of wineries and vinyards around the world!
Have you ever been at a dinner where wine was served, and you really wished that you had some first-hand information about the wine in the palm of your hand? You can look like a true expert now with just a tap of your finger.
Please note: NOT all of the wines in this app contain information on things like Vintage, Price, Composition, Alcohol content, Acidity, Release Date, Brix, etc... in fact, only a small fraction (maybe 5% or so) do. Most of the wines in this database have only the Winery, Varietal, and Vintage information. Thus, this is hardly a comprehensive database. Also, most of the wines are pre-2005, so this is really intended for users who are looking for information on older wines. Some information may be out of date.
A subset of the overall feature list for this application includes:
- Advanced search for all wines. The top 150 wines are returned by the search engine. If you need a more finely-tuned search, simply add more terms into the search field.
- Add/edit/remove wines, and access wines you added using My Wines. If you find a wine that needs revision or clarification, you can edit it using your on-screen keypad.
- You can rate wines on a 5-star system. Once rated, the wine is much easier to access later since you can just tap on the "Top Rated" button in the "More" section at the bottom of the screen.
- Mark your favorite wines, and view them in the Favorites area. This is similar to the "Top Rated" feature, but with more direct access since the button is always-visible at the bottom of the screen.
- E-mail any wine to a friend, and CC or BCC it, too.
- Rename categories and add/remove categories. We've given you a starting point to help you categorize and organize your wines, but you can always add more, or change the default categorization. Also, you can put any wine in up to 2 categories, if desired. For example, blended wines might belong in multiple categories. If you have a 40/60 mix of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon, why not put the wine in both categories?
- Shake your mobile device for a random wine. This is just fun on every level, and is probably really for people who just want to randomly learn more about wines, rather than those looking up a specific wine.
- "View All" wines for access to every item in the database. This can take a few seconds to load since there are a LOT of entries in this app.
- Use a simple "finger swipe" gesture to move from one wine to another, or use the previous/next buttons. Navigating this wines database has never been easier!
- Insert a textual comment about the wine. For example, you may want to keep track of where you last purchased the wine, or what you paired it with at your last dinner party.
- The history feature keeps a log of what you've seen, so you can always go back to re-read about that wine you remembered from days ago.
- A Settings screen allows you to change the relative font sizes and the size of the history table.
UPGRADES ARE FREE for apps created by Darren Gates
COPYRIGHT & LICENSE INFORMATION
The content contained in this app comes from a variety of public domain sources, including US government websites, Wikipedia Commons, public universities, and public domain archives. To the best of our knowledge, the images used in this app can be used in commercial products without license restriction.
If you have questions about our use of this content, or if you believe that some of this content may be copyrighted, please contact Darren Gates at email@example.com.
In this new version, iPad compatibility has been added, as well as a
link to Facebook to share images and data (requires a Facebook
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Oct 13, 2011
- Darren Gates
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 3.2 MB