This app is a complete database of delicious recipes from nearly every part of the world, and covering dozens of types of cuisine. Many of these recipes have won awards.
This version of cooking terms contains powerful search features to allow you to find the term that you need quickly.
This handy reference is suitable for novices and advanced cooks alike. Recipes are organized by topic alphabetically. Each entry contains an ingredients list and description of how to prepare the recipe.
A subset of the overall feature list for this application includes:
- Advanced search for all recipes. The top 150 recipes are returned by the search engine. If you need a more finely-tuned search, simply add more terms into the search field.
- Add/edit/remove recipes, and access recipes you added using My Recipes. You can edit recipes using your on-screen keypad, or add your own interesting recipes. You'll never have to fuss with that card-catalog in your kitchen or spend hours flipping through cookbooks trying to find that favorite recipe that you made last year at your family's Christmas gathering. Just "favorite" the recipe in your iPhone, and quickly access it at any time.
- Rate recipes on a 5-star system. Once rated, the recipe is much easier to access later since you can just tap on the "Top Rated" button (in the "More" section)
- Mark your favorite recipes, and them in the Favorites area. This is similar to the "Top Rated" feature, but with more direct access since the button is always-visible at the bottom of the screen.
- E-mail any recipe to a friend, and CC or BCC it, too.
- Rename categories and add/remove categories. We've given you a starting point to help you categorize and organize your recipes, but you can always add more, or change the default categorization. Also, you can put any recipe in up to 2 categories, if desired. For example, a chocolate milkshake might be under "Beverages" but also "Desserts".
- Shake your mobile device for a random recipe. This is just fun on every level. Your kids will like this one, too. What's for dinner? Here, little Johnny: shake the iPhone and we'll make whatever it shows!
- "View All" recipes for access to every item in the database. This can take a few seconds to load since there are a LOT of recipes.
- Use a simple "finger swipe" gesture to move from one recipe to another, or use the previous/next buttons. Navigating the recipes database has never been easier!
- Insert a textual comment about the recipe. For example, you may want to keep track of who you got the recipe from, or keep notes on serving suggestions, or what wine goes with the recipe, etc.
- The history feature keeps a log of what you've seen, so you can always go back to re-read that recipe you remembered from days ago.
- A Settings screen allows you to change the relative font sizes and the size of the history table.
If you liked this app, you'll probably also like things like "10,000 Science Facts" and "Garden Plants Database" and many other knowledge-based applications by Darren Gates.
COPYRIGHT & LICENSE INFORMATION
The content contained in this application comes from a variety of public domain sources, including US government websites, Wikipedia Commons, public university websites, and public domain data archives. To the best of our knowledge, the images and content used in this app can be used in commercial products without license restriction.
If you have questions about our use of this content, or if you believe that some of this content may be copyrighted, please contact Darren Gates (the author) at email@example.com immediately. We take claims of copyright infringement very seriously, and will promptly remove any offending content.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jun 08, 2010
- Food & Drink
- Darren Gates
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (2)
- 14.7 MB