For our latest issue – Phoenix Rising – we celebrate all things cinematic. From the magic of storytelling to the bright lights of fame and celebrity, we immerse ourselves in Hollywood, exploring what it is that has us so transfixed. We cast model-turned-actress Abbey Lee – whose debut film, Mad Max: Fury Road, premiers in May – as our leading lady, in a collaboration to unveil a character she’d always wanted to play. In the opening pages of the issue, RUSSH Editor in Chief Jess Blanch writes, “This issue is dedicated to the insatiables; to those who can’t and won’t stop watching.”
In this edition, you will find:
• The fashion: We trek out of L.A. with photographer Daniella Rech to capture Abbey Lee in the naked desert and haunted lowlands between Palm Springs and the Mexican border; Alique photographs Othilia Simon in classic black and white portraits; and we steal away to Paris to capture Franzi Mueller in Ellery’s latest collection, as lensed by Holly Blake.
• The beauty: Themed around body, movement and texture, James Nelson captures the elements with models Charlotte Coquelin and Jules Mordovets; we look to the hero scents of tomorrow and edit the beauty trends for SS 15; plus how-to’s and more.
• Nostalgia, always: L.A. photographer Paul Jasmin on why there’s nothing wrong with a little retrospection.
• Christopher Kane: He is London’s emerging star, yet more than eight years into his eponymous line, he still gets shivers from a fitting.
• We talk to star on the rise, Abbey Lee, about her upcoming films, the shift from modelling to acting and so much more.
• We talk to singer-songwriter Tobias Jesso Jr., whose Hollywood story is the oft-untold but too commonly lived kind.
• Fondation Louis Vuitton: Two masters in their own field are exploring the power of design in a new public building in Paris.
• And, we travel to Paris for the Chanel Métiers d’Art show where Karl Lagerfeld and his dreamweavers at Chanel are keeping the fantasy alive.
iOS compatibility changes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 25, 2014
- RUSSH MEDIA PTY LTD
- 5.2 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (35)