iOS Universal Entertainment
Podcat 2 is the German podcast reference.
You are looking for a Podcatcher that supports Podlove, can display any kind of chapter markers and also offers some special features especially for the German speaking community?
Then you are right with the Podcat 2.
The Podcat can have different speeds per podcast and has a sleep timer. Episodes can be sorted manually and played accordingly. You can sort podcasts into groups or use automatic groups with search options.
For all podcasts, there are a variety of settings that will make your everyday life easier.
New episodes are automatically searched for and downloaded in the background. You decide whether to attach them to the playlist or play them directly next.
Subscribed but not heard so regularly? Then just do not put the episode into the list. It's your choice.
And Carplay? No problem!
# Release 2.7.5
- Scrolling and subheadings improved
- Insertion of new episodes improved.
- Optimized to start episodes outside the playlist
- If a running episode is removed from the playlist, the episode will also stop playing. When playback is in progress, the playlist continues with the next episode.
- The list always scrolls back to the beginning of the playlist after 8 seconds.-
- Actions in the context menu reset the 8 second scroll timer.
- Setting for continuous playback, shuffle and stop after episode can now be changed above the playlist.
- Cover image enhanced for non-square images (minute-by-minute matrix)
## Blog posts
- Sometimes it makes sense to read the blog posts of podcasters, as they often include announcements or additional information. The Podcat now displays these as well.
- ATTENTION: This may lead to some new entries, as the old blog posts are now loaded into the podcat
- running downloads are now displayed in a separate area in the group of loaded episodes. At the top, change the selector from Load to Load
- If favorites are not to be loaded automatically when they are marked as such, they can also be deleted regularly
- Download progressbar inserted in message bar. Parallel downloads can not be displayed effectively.
## Feed Parser
- Background activity is reduced for less battery drain. A podcast is updated at most every 2 hours.
- Assignment of episodes to the feed improved. Wrint had several ice sheets in different feeds which resulted in false duplicates.
- Save changes and new episodes significantly accelerated
- Call improved and equipped with better problem behavior
- Improved display of progress bar
## Push notifications
- HTML in push messages removed
- "Download started" notification is deleted as soon as "Download completed" has been reported.
- for the playlist also directly in the settings retrievable (continuous, stop, shuffle)
- Episode Limit increased
- Loading time and memory optimization
- Added new "history.txt" to the export. This corresponds to a CSV file of the history of all episodes played
## user interface
- Opening the app after a push notification opens the corresponding episode now only if the message was also selected. It happened that you could open the app via the icon and the episode from the notification was still displayed directly
- Rounded corners introduced in Artworks
- Shadow disabled for older devices
- Menu adapted below
- "No XY available" inserted in lists if they are empty
- Added podcast artwork fallback: if no artwork is available, the podcast title will be displayed.