iGMap - FSWidgets Moving Map
The FSWidgets iGMap app turns your iPhone or iPod touch into a moving map for your desktop flight simulator!
(See iGMapHD for the iPad Version)
Do you own Flight Simulator X, Flight Simulator 2004 or X-Plane 9/10?
iGMap works with the three most popular desktop simulators on the market today, giving you a hand-held moving map to aid navigation, especially on simulated VFR flights.
iGMap connects to the flight simulator via our free FSWidgets Network Pack which can be downloaded from the FSWidgets website (http://fswidgets.com/shop/igmap.php).
iGMap saves valuable screen real-estate on your desktop by using your iPhone or iPod Touch to display your aircraft's current position.
- Connects to FSX, FS2004 & X-Plane 9/10 (Windows, Mac OSX 10.5+ & Linux).
- Flight Plan Display - supports FSX, FS2004 and X-Plane flight plan files.
- Flight Plan file import via iTunes > Device Apps tab > File Sharing.
- Waypoints can be tapped to reveal the related data (e.g. lat, lon, ident).
- File-Sharing requires iTunes 9.1.1 or later.
- See http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4094 for Apple info on File-Sharing.
- FSWidgets Network Pack provided free (see fswidgets.com website).
- Powered by the CloudMade map rendering API (using OpenStreetMap & custom data).
- Connect & disconnect from the flight simulator as required.
- When disconnected can be used as a chart viewer.
- Map supports drag to pan and pinch to zoom.
- Option to remember previously used map type, zoom and position, or accept default settings.
- Helicopter icon option for moving map (i.e. instead of fixed wing icon).
- Total number of custom and aero map types is now 19!
- 11 world-wide custom map styles.
- 8 Aero Chart options (as follows).
- US WAC (World Aeronautical Chart) data, covers entire contiguous US & Hawaii.
- US SEC (Sectional Chart) data, covers entire contiguous US.
- US TAC (Terminal Area Charts) data.
- US IFR Enroute Low data, covers entire contiguous US.
- US IFR Enroute High data, covers entire contiguous US.
- Alaska WAC data.
- Alaska Sectional data.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico WAC data.
- Metar and TAF info icon display.
- World-wide Navigational icon info display.
- Installed copy of Flight Simulator X, Flight Simulator 2004 or X-Plane 9/10 (Mac OS 10.5+, Windows or Linux).
- Free FSWidgets Network Pack must be installed to connect to simulator - download from website (http://fswidgets.com/shop/igmap.php).
- Wi-Fi network required, iPhone or iPod Touch must be on same local network as machine running the flight simulator.
- Internet access required, to automatically download map tile data on the fly.
WHO WE ARE:
FSWidgets is a software development team based in Australia, specializing in add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator (Windows) and Laminar Research X-Plane. Both of its founding members have extensive experience in creating award-winning add-ons for Flight Simulator and have been active in the flight simulation community for well over a decade.
Personalized and friendly support can be found via our forum (http://fswidgets.com/forum) or our support email (email@example.com).
Future updates and additional features added to iGMap will be free for existing customers.
- Fix for app crashing at times on loading a flight plan, as reported by 2 users last week - thanks guys for the feedback! Problem was traced, reproduced and fixed. This minor update should solve the issue for anyone experiencing it.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Aug 04, 2014
- Fermin Fernandez
- 1.4 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.00 (5)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (11)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• FSWidgets EFB
• FSWidgets iGMapHD
• FSWidgets QuickPlan
• Link Builder for PayPal