HP MediaSmart Server iStream
Your digital media is just a fingertip away!
Customers owning a HP MediaSmart Server EX485 or EX487 can now enjoy their digital media on their iPhone or iPod touch. The HP MediaSmart Server iStream is a free application that allows you to stream the photo, music and video libraries* stored on your HP MediaSmart Server (EX485/EX487) to your iPhone or iPod Touch.
Key Features and benefits
• As the heart of your digital life, the HP Media Smart Server (EX485/EX487) is your all-in-one solution for managing your digital media.
• As an owner of the HP MediaSmart Server (EX485/EX487), use the iStream application to stream your personal digital media from the server to your iPhone or iPod Touch.
• Forgot to sync your library? No problem! With the iStream application, your entire photo, music and video* libraries can be accessed anywhere you have an internet connection – no more worrying that you haven’t sync’d to your iPhone or IPod Touch.
• Enjoy all of your favorite pictures, listen to your entire music collection and watch your favorite video* knowing that all of your files are protected on your HP MediaSmart Server (EX485/EX487).
*Copy protected files may not stream properly.
iStream 2.0.50 Changes and New features:
A more responsive user interface when starting large videos, improved music streaming, and faster browsing through the lists of items on the server.
Music + Videos + Photos:
- Search: Search for an item by name within any list under Music, Videos or Photos. Click the search button (magnifying glass in the lower left area) and type the characters contained in the item you're looking for.
- Send up photos via email.
Instructions: Under Photos, go to a list view or view an individual photo. Then click on the action button (circle with arrow) on the lower left. Select the action sheet menu item "Send Photo".
Limitations: up to 5 photo attachments per email; the size of the photo attachments has to be less than 9 MB. The attached photos will be resized to 1024 pixel for the longest side if they are bigger than that.
Requirements: Email account needs to be setup on the device.
- Cover flow mode when viewing a list of albums or playing a song; to activate turn device into landscape mode.
- Video playback issues with iPhone OS 3.0 or higher were fixed; video playback performance has been improved.
- Video playback is not allowed when connected via cellular networks to reduce bandwidth requirements; Video playback over Wi-Fi is still allowed.
- Videos are filtered to show only videos converted with mq or Mobile Video Converter profile.
 = if connected to a HP MediaSmart Servers running software version 2.5
 = if connected to a HP MediaSmart Servers running software version 3.0
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Feb 04, 2010
- Hewlett Packard
- Average Rating:
- 2.50 (456)
- 0.8 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Go HP NonStop
• HP 12C Platinum Financial Calculator
• HP ALM Mobile
• HP Anywhere
• HP BSMobile
• HP CODESCAN
• HP Client Automation agent
• HP Connected Remote
• HP Creative Studio Mobile
• HP Designjet ePrint & Share
• HP Flow CM
• HP GlamShots
• HP ITSM Service Request Catalog
• HP IceWall SSO Authenticator
• HP Insights: Managed Services
• HP Live Photo
• HP MagCloud - Magazine and Publication Reader
• HP Mobile Release
• HP PhotoBook Lite
• HP Printer Control
• HP Recipe Box
• HP SiteScope
• HP Software Partner Directory mobile
• HP Software by HP Anywhere
• HP Support Center
• HP ePrint
• HP ePrint Enterprise (Formerly ePrint service)
• HP iLO Mobile
• Hewlett Packard 12C Financial Calculator
• Hewlett Packard 15C Scientific Calculator