Enjoy the Motion of Chaos
In nature, what's the smallest system with chaotic behavior? Correct, it's the simple double pendulum, you all know. So it can be quite amazing to watch the motion of this system, the surprisingly figures it creates as well as astonishing cycles. This App will visualize and animate this figures for you.
You can choose between three modi:
1. Lean back, relax and enjoy the motion of different pendulums. Follow the movement in different colored balls and the animation of their track lines. Just have a look at the terrific figures of the pendulum and you will relax.
2. Take your pictures of the last holidays and make a quiz. The motion of the pendulum gives you a small spot on the picture. The chaotic behavior and the fast moving spots means a challenge to your skills in memorize and your imagination.
3. Look a little bit deeper on the physics of a double pendulum. Like slow motion you can go with single steps forward or just reverse the direction to see, if the pendulum behaves regular or chaotic. Here you can create curios figures and watch the cycles of the motion. You will see effects that the pendulum repeats cycles over three or four periods, which leads to really appealing figures.
Change the dynamics of the double pendulum with simple finger gestures. Swiping with one finger, you can influence the
- mass ratio of the two pendulums
- length ratio of the two pendulums
- energy level of the double pendulum
- animation speed, so have a look on the changing figures in slow motion.
Hide the rods of the pendulum and only watch the moving balls at the end of the rods. You will have a complete different feeling in watching the changing figures of the double pendulum.
Just load some predefined examples to get a first glance on the capabilities of this app.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 02, 2013
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 9.3 MB