Beers of the World
A database of beers from hundreds of breweries all around the world!
Have you ever been at a dinner where some exotic beer was served, and you really wished that you had some first-hand information about the beer in the palm of your hand? You can look like a true expert now with just a tap of your finger.
A subset of the overall feature list for this application includes:
- Advanced search for all beers. The top 150 beers are returned by the search engine. If you need a more finely-tuned search, simply add more terms into the search field.
- Add/edit/remove beers, and access beers you added using My Beers. If you find a beer that needs revision or clarification, you can edit it using your on-screen keypad.
- You can rate beers on a 5-star system. Once rated, the beer is much easier to access later since you can just tap on the "Top Rated" button in the "More" section at the bottom of the screen.
- Mark your favorite beers, and view them in the Favorites area. This is similar to the "Top Rated" feature, but with more direct access since the button is always-visible at the bottom of the screen.
- E-mail any beer to a friend, and CC or BCC it, too.
- Rename categories and add/remove categories. We've given you a starting point to help you categorize and organize your beers, but you can always add more, or change the default categorization. Also, you can put any beer in up to 2 categories, if desired.
- Shake your mobile device for a random beer. This is just fun on every level, and is probably really for people who just want to randomly learn more about beers, rather than those looking up a specific beer name.
- "View All" beers for access to every item in the database. This can take a few seconds to load since there are a LOT of entries in this app.
- Use a simple "finger swipe" gesture to move from one beer to another, or use the previous/next buttons. Navigating this beers database has never been easier!
- Insert a textual comment about the beer. For example, you may want to keep track of where you last purchased the beer, or what you served it with at your last dinner party.
- The history feature keeps a log of what you've seen, so you can always go back to re-read about that beer you remembered from days ago.
- A Settings screen allows you to change the relative font sizes and the size of the history table.
UPGRADES ARE FREE for apps created by Darren Gates
COPYRIGHT & LICENSE INFORMATION
The content contained in this app comes from a variety of public domain sources, including US government websites, Wikipedia Commons, public universities, and public domain archives. To the best of our knowledge, the images used in this app can be used in commercial products without license restriction.
If you have questions about our use of this content, or if you believe that some of this content may be copyrighted, please contact Darren Gates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This upgrade to Beers of the World adds advanced search capabilities for any category, as well as instant 5-star rating on any item, and some minor bug fixes.
To upgrade, you MUST completely remove the existing Beers of the World application on your mobile device, and then install the new version.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jul 30, 2010
- Food & Drink
- Darren Gates
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (11)
- 3.1 MB