Baby and Pregnancy FAQ
Database of common pregnancy and baby FAQs from dozens of public sources and medical references. Over 3000 common questions with professional answers in all!
You can easily browse through all 3000+ questions and answers, or choose a category to browse.
Q: Can a woman be pregnant and still have a period?
A: Pregnant women can have some light irregular bleeding during pregnancy, but it should not be like a "normal" period. Some women can confuse this for their period because often it can come right around the time she was expecting her normal period.
Q: What product should I use to prevent stretch marks?
A: There are all kinds of expensive creams available, but in spite of their claims, they can't prevent stretch marks. That's because stretch marks are an alteration in the deeper connective tissue, which makes them untreatable with topical creams. You can try using A-vitamin cream for fading the marks and moisturizing creams with vitamin E added for keeping the skin more supple.
A subset of the overall feature list for this application includes:
- Advanced search for all entries. The top 150 FAQ entries are returned by the search engine. If you need a more finely-tuned search, simply add more terms into the search field.
- Add/edit/remove FAQs, and access entries you added using My Entries. If you feel like the FAQ entry needs editing (maybe you disagree with the advice, for example), you can edit it using your on-screen keypad, or add your own interesting comments about the FAQ entry.
- Rate entries on a 5-star system. Ok, so some entries are more interesting than others. Once rated, the FAQ entry is much easier to access later since you can just tap on the "Top Rated" button (in the "More" section).
- Mark your favorite FAQs, and then view them in the Favorites area. This is similar to the "Top Rated" feature, but with more direct access since the button is always-visible at the bottom of the screen.
- E-mail any FAQ entry to a friend, and CC or BCC it, too.
- Rename categories and add/remove categories. We've given you a starting point to help you categorize and organize your entries, but you can always add more, or change the default categorization. Also, you can put any entry in up to 2 categories, if desired. For example, the above questions might be placed in both "Pregnancy" and "Your Body" or some other suitable secondary category.
- Shake your mobile device for a random FAQ item. This is just fun on every level, and is probably most suitable for those who just want to get a random sampling of knowledge.
- "View All" entries for access to every item in the database. This can take a few seconds to load since there are a LOT of entries.
- Use a simple "finger swipe" gesture to move from one entry to another, or use the previous/next buttons. Navigating the database has never been easier!
- Insert a textual comment about the entry. For example, you may want to keep some notes about whether the pregnancy/baby advice worked for you.
- The history feature keeps a log of what you've seen, so you can always go back to re-read that FAQ advice you remembered from days ago.
- A Settings screen allows you to change the relative font sizes and the size of the history table.
UPGRADES ARE ALWAYS FREE for applications created by Darren Gates
COPYRIGHT & LICENSE INFORMATION
The content contained in this application comes from a variety of public domain sources. To the best of our knowledge, the content used in this app can be used in commercial products without license restriction.
If you have questions about our use of this content, or if you believe that some of this content may be copyrighted, please contact Darren Gates (the author) at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. We take claims of copyright infringement very seriously, and will promptly remove any offending content.
In this version, the data actually loads rather than crashing on first
load. A new Top Rated section has been added, as well as the ability to
"wipe" from record to record. If you are upgrading from a previous
version, please completely remove the existing application from your
device, then re-install this new version.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Oct 17, 2009
- Darren Gates
- Average Rating:
- 2.00 (1)
- 2.5 MB