We've all seen apps that advertise "101 Poems" or even "1001 Poems" of various types. But why limit yourself?
10,000 Poems gives you poems on almost every subject, with the ability to rate poems, edit poem content, add comments, view the poems that you've added, add/edit/move categories, and more!
My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun;
Coral is far more red than her lips' red;
If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;
If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.
I have seen roses damask'd, red and white,
But no such roses see I in her cheeks;
And in some perfumes is there more delight
Than in the breath that from my mistress reeks.
I love to hear her speak, yet well I know
That music hath a far more pleasing sound;
I grant I never saw a goddess go;
My mistress, when she walks, treads on the ground:
And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare
As any she belied with false compare.
- William Shakepeare
Maybe we can't all write like Shakespeare, but at least now you'll have a large database of great poetry at your disposal for those moments when you just need a romantic verse quickly. Consider those times when you're just about to meet your date and forgot to write something in the card, or when you're about to give that speech at a wedding and need to insert a bit of verse.
All poems are G-rated and suitable for children.
A subset of the overall feature list for this application includes:
- Advanced search for all poems. The top 150 poems are returned by the search engine. If you need a more finely-tuned search, simply add more terms into the search field. The search engine searches both the poem title and content fields.
- Add/edit/remove poems, and access poems you added using My Poems. You can edit it using your on-screen keypad, or add your own poems. You'll never again have one of those moments when you "just can't seem to remember that poem" that you loved.
- Rate poems on a 5-star system. Once rated, the poem is much easier to access later since you can just tap on the "Top Rated" button (in the "More" section)
- Mark your favorite poems, and view them in the Favorites area. This is similar to the "Top Rated" feature, but with more direct access since the button is always-visible at the bottom of the screen. Think of this as the best of the best.
- E-mail any poem to a friend, and CC or BCC it, too.
- Rename categories and add/remove categories. We've given you a starting point to help you categorize and organize your poems, but you can always add more, or change the default categorization. Also, you can put any poem in up to 2 categories, if desired.
- Shake your mobile device for a random poem. This is just fun on every level. Your kids will like this one, too.
- "View All" poems for access to every poem in the database. This can take a few seconds to load since there are a LOT of poems.
- Use a simple "finger swipe" gesture to move from one poem to another, or use the previous/next buttons. Navigating the poems database has never been easier!
- Insert a textual comment about the poem. For example, you may want to keep some notes about the author or origin of the poem, or where you heard the poem.
- The history feature keeps a log of what you've seen, so you can always go back to re-read that poem you remembered from days ago.
- A Settings screen allows you to change the relative font sizes and the size of the history table.
UPGRADES ARE FREE for apps created by Darren Gates
COPYRIGHT & LICENSE INFORMATION
The content contained in this app comes from a variety of public domain sources. To the best of our knowledge, the data used in this app can be used in commercial products without license restriction.
If you have questions about our use of this content, or if you believe that some of this content may be copyrighted, please contact Darren Gates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Oct 21, 2009
- Darren Gates
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (40)
- 6.7 MB