We've all seen apps that advertise "101 Jokes" or even "1001 Jokes" of various types. But why limit yourself?
10,000 Jokes gives you funny jokes on almost every subject, with the ability to rate jokes, edit joke content, add comments, view the jokes that you've added, add/edit/move categories, and more!
* A duck walks into a drugstore and asks for a tube of ChapStick. The cashier says to the duck, "That'll be $1.49."
The duck replies, "Put it on my bill!"
* Why didn't the skeleton cross the road? Because he didn't have the guts to do it.
* How many Psychiatrists does it take to change a lightbulb? Just one, but the lightbulb has to really want to change.
Ok, so these are pretty silly, but there are a lot of others in this app that you'll love. In joke, we have a minimum of 10,000 tested and reviewed jokes. All jokes were read aloud during testing. In some cases they were tested on my young daughter, so there are some cheesy ones in there.
Nearly all jokes are G-rated and suitable for children. There are a few PG or PG-13 jokes, but there are NO jokes with dirty or vulgar words or with explicit sexual or vulgar humor.
A subset of the overall feature list for this application includes:
- Advanced search for all jokes. The top 150 jokes are returned by the search engine. If you need a more finely-tuned search, simply add more terms into the search field. The search engine searches both the joke "setup" field as well as the "punchline" field.
- Add/edit/remove jokes, and access jokes you added using My Jokes. You can edit it using your on-screen keypad, or add your own jokes. You'll never again have one of those moments when you "just can't seem to remember that joke" from last year's Christmas gathering.
- Rate jokes on a 5-star system. Let's face it: some jokes are funnier than others. Once rated, the joke is much easier to access later since you can just tap on the "Top Rated" button (in the "More" section)
- Mark your favorite jokes, and view them later in the Favorites area. This is similar to the "Top Rated" feature, but with more direct access since the button is always-visible at the bottom of the screen.
- E-mail any joke to a friend, and CC or BCC it, too.
- Rename categories and add/remove categories. We've given you a starting point to help you categorize and organize your jokes, but you can always add more, or change the default categorization. Also, you can put any joke in up to 2 categories, if desired.
- Shake your mobile device for a random joke. This is just fun on every level. Your kids will like this one, too.
- "View All" jokes for access to every joke in the database. This can take a few seconds to load since there are a LOT of jokes.
- Use a simple "finger swipe" gesture to move from one joke to another, or use the previous/next buttons. Navigating the jokes database has never been easier!
- Insert a textual comment about the joke. For example, you may want to keep some notes about how to "set up" the joke for maximum impact. Or, perhaps you would like to keep track of where you heard the joke.
- The history feature keeps a log of what you've seen, so you can always go back to re-read that joke you remembered from days ago.
- A Settings screen allows you to change the relative font sizes and the size of the history table.
UPGRADES ARE ALWAYS FREE for applications created by Darren Gates
COPYRIGHT & LICENSE INFORMATION
The content contained in this application comes from a variety of public domain sources. To the best of our knowledge, the images and content used in this app can be used in commercial products without license restriction.
If you have questions about our use of this content, or if you believe that some of this content may be copyrighted, please contact Darren Gates (the author) at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. We take claims of copyright infringement very seriously, and will promptly remove any offending content.
In this new version, a "Top Rated" section has been added, which lists all entries with 4 or 5 stars. Also, the initial application loading has been optimized, and the search results have been limited to the top 150 results to improve loading time. A new Settings page has been added, which allows you to adjust the font size and history size.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 03, 2009
- Darren Gates
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (22)
- 4.0 MB