Voice Dream Reader
iOS Universal Education
Read with your ears! Voice Dream Reader is a widely acclaimed desktop-class app that reads articles, documents and books out loud. With advanced text-to-speech and a highly configurable visual layout, it can be tailored to suit every reading style and level.
Featured as Best New App in 81 countries including the United States.
“This app is one of the best educational finds of my entire career.” - Forbes
“As a user myself and as a mother of a child with dyslexia, I am blown away by the features of Voice Dream.” - Quartz
“Voice Dream Reader is hailed by many as the best mobile text-to-speech (TTS) app.” - Examiner
Supported Document Formats
- PDF, Plain text, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, RTF, and Google Docs.
- Web articles.
- DRM-free EPUB eBooks.*
- Bookshare Books.
- DAISY text-based books and audiobook.
- Audiobooks in MP3, MP4 or zipped MP3 format.
- Experimental rich text and image support for all documents.
- One premium Acapela voice of your choice free with the purchase of the app.
- 36 built-in iOS voices in 27 languages are also available for free.
- 200+ additional premium voices in 30 languages from Acapela, NeoSpeech and Ivona available through in-app purchases.
- Correct pronunciation with your own pronunciation dictionary.
- All voices work offline and play in the background even with the screen locked.
- Tee-up a list of articles and play while you drive, walk or run.
- Spoken word is highlighted to improve comprehension and retention.
- Auto-scrolling and full screen, distraction-free mode to help reader focus.
- Finger reading. For beginners to read by at running a finger under each word.
- Pac-Man. Harvard and MIT developed speed-reading method for everyone to read at 2x speed with no loss of comprehension.
- High contrast and large font size for low vision readers.
- Optimized for VoiceOver, Braille and switch control.
- Bookmarking, text highlighting and annotation. Highlights and notes can be exported as text.
- Full-text search.
- Built-in dictionary.
- Skip text in PDF header and footer.
- Native support for Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Drive, Pocket, Instapaper and Evernote.
- Native access to Bookshare.
- Safari extension to save Web pages and Web addresses.
- Support for Box and OneDrive via iOS Document Picker.
- Your entire library, including folders, reading locations, bookmarks and annotations are synchronized across all your devices using iCloud Drive.
It is not possible to load DRM protected ebooks. All books purchased on iBooks, Kindle and other commercial eBook platforms have DRM.
- Updated for iOS 10.
- Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
Great news! iOS 10 comes with many free, high quality TTS voices, including Siri voices. Go to iOS Settings, General, Accessibility, Speech, and Voices. Select the language you want to use, and you'll see all the available voices. The enhanced versions of the voices are higher in audio quality, but note that they use a lot more storage. After download is complete, go back to Voice Dream Reader. Go to the voice selection screen and tap on the Refresh button at the bottom. Newly downloaded iOS voices will be available for use.
If you like Voice Dream Reader, please give us a 5-star review. We'll be grateful.