Voice Dream Reader - Text to Speech
Listen to PDF and Word documents, eBooks, articles, and Web pages anywhere with offline text-to-speech. Built-in integration with Dropbox, Bookshare, Pocket, Instapaper, and Gutenberg makes it easy to import reading material. Sophisticated controls, silky-smooth synchronized word highlighting and autoscrolling puts you in charge of the listening experience. 60 high quality voices in 20 languages from Acapela and NeoSpeech available. This app is fully accessible with VoiceOver.
People from all walks of life use Voice Dream Reader to learn, work, and play:
- Graduate student listens to scientific journal articles on her morning jog.
- Retiree listens to Web articles while doing chores around the house.
- College student with ADHD listens using synchronized highlighting to focus.
- Dyslexic student's comprehension improves by 4 grade levels.
- Lawyer listens to case material during his long commute.
Customers who have tried many text-to-speech apps say this: Voice Dream Reader is the best mobile TTS app, period. And we still constantly add new features and improve usability. We're committed to the goal that you will never need to buy another TTS app.
"App of the Week!" - eSchool News
"This is a fantastic product and one of the best, if not the best, in the Text to Speech category of assistive technology products." - Disabled World
"Voice Dream Reader is an awesome reading tool for iOS." - Brian S. Friedlander, Ph.D, AssistiveTek
"I think it is a great app that can be used for individual with a print disability whether middle, high school, post secondary, or adult users who need to easily access documents stored in cloud storage or from other Web services (newspapers)." - Carol Leynse Harpold, OT's with Apps
"If you are the parent of a special needs child as I am, you may be interested in using this as an assistive tool." - Amy Taylor, Special Apps, Special Kids
“It’s a text-to-speech app that lives up to its name because it works like a dream.” – rjmarmol.com
- Includes Heather, a fantastic female American English voice
- 60 voices in 20 languages from Acapela and NeoSpeech available through in-app purchase
- Languages: English, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Czech, Catalan, Polish, Turkish, Greek, and Arabic.
Loading and Managing Reading Material
- Text extraction from PDF, Plain text, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Apple Pages, RTF and HTML files
- eBooks in DRM-free ePub format and text-based DAISY
- Dropbox integration
- Bookshare and Gutenberg integration
- Pocket and Instapaper integration
- Experimental Evernote and Google Drive integration
- Built-in Web Browser to extract text from Web pages
- Text editor
- Language translation (in-app purchase)
- Folders for organizing content
- Export full text, highlights, and notes
Listening to Text
- Play-Pause with remote control enabled
- Remembers where you stopped in each book or article
- Shows elapsed time and remaining time
- Sleep timer
- 30-second rewind and fast forward
- Full sentence rewind and fast forward
- Change reading speed on the fly. 50-500 words per minute
- Change voice on the fly
- Remembers the voice used for each item
- Continues reading when you lock the screen
Visual Interaction with Text
- Blazing fast vertical scrolling
- Synchronized word and line highlighting
- Focused Reading Mode with reduced text area and auto-scrolling
- Full-text search
- Table of content for ePub and DAISY books
- Text highlighting and note taking (Not accessible yet with VoiceOver)
- Customizable font and font size
- Includes OpenDyslexia font
- Preset light and dark color theme, plus a fully customizable color theme
- Built-in dictionary
- It is not possible to load DRM-protected books from iBooks, Kindle and Nook.
- Instapaper requires paid subscription for third party access.
New voices Bridget and Kate from NeoSpeech are now available!
Plus Google Drive support!
Voice Dream Reader is updated every month with great new features, and you always get them for free. Please spread the word and tell your friends and colleagues. We will continue making Voice Dream Reader even better.
Also in this release:
- Increased maximum font size on iPad to 70
- Select All in iTunes import
- Swedish voice Mia is fixed
Join our community on Facebook and Twitter to find out what's coming! The links are in Settings.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 01, 2013
- Voice Dream LLC
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (31)
- 19.0 MB