German Pocket - Van Dale abridged dictionary for school and travel. This learner's lexicon helps you to translate from Dutch to the German language and vice versa, look up correct spelling, listen to pronunciation and learn from examples.
iOS Universal Reference
Van Dale German Pocket Dictionary is an easy-to-use and effective app with to-the-point translations and practical examples of usage.
• Do a quick search on how to translate a word and how to write it
• Listen to the right pronunciation in German - recorded by native speakers
• Train your word skills with the Flash Card Quiz
• No Internet connection required for this app, so no hidden costs
• Switch translation language easily or tap on a word to translate it
• Get a translation of conjugated German verbs as well, including useful diagrams of all conjugations
• Your search history is saved and is easy to delete
• Use wildcards to make your searches more effective: simply replace one or more letters by '?' or '*'
• Search for anagrams and through the entire text of the dictionary
• Additional tools: add favourites and customize the interface (e.g. colour and font size)
• Can be used in landscape mode
• Dutch interface
NB: This concise dictionary contains 53,750 entries, specially selected according to usage frequency. It is intended for Dutch users. The app content is comparable to the combined content of Van Dale’s printed Dutch-German and German-Dutch Pocket Dictionaries.
Van Dale Uitgevers is the leading and most authoritative publisher of dictionaries in the Netherlands and Belgium. Van Dale produces a wide and varied offering of dozens of language–related titles for effective language user support. With precision and respect, Van Dale describes language as thoroughly as possible, and not only Dutch, but foreign languages too.
- Added iOS 8 Action extension: find words from within Safari!