German Dictionary - Van Dale Pocket dictionary: translate between Dutch and German, look up spelling, listen to pronunciation and learn from examples
iOS Universal Reference
With this Van Dale German-Dutch/Dutch-German Pocket Dictionary, you can do a quick search on how to translate a word, how to write it or how to use it. This dictionary contains 51,913 headwords, selected according to usage frequency. With to-the-point translations and practical examples of usage, it is especially suited for use in school and on holidays. Van Dale dictionaries are aimed at Dutch spoken users.
Get the most out of this Van Dale Pocket dictionary by using the clever functionalities:
• Type, paste, write or dictate (from iOS 8.2) your word: all entry methods are available to you. We will continue the search when you tap on a word in an entry.
• Use the Word Trainer for learning a language. Select words from the dictionary to test yourself.
• A language not only written, but also spoken. The pronunciation of Dutch and German words is written in phonotype and you can also listen to the correct pronunciation of many German words.
• While you are typing words, the best matches are already shown. This way, you often don’t need to type an entire word.
• Turn the dictionary inside out: do a full-text search to find words and examples in entries as well.
• Uncertain about how a word is written? Typing wrongly spelled words is not a problem. We will also find words that are similar to the one you have typed.
• Fill in a form of a word and we’ll show you the stem of that word. You will also find practical schedules with word forms in the descriptions of words.
• Use wildcards instead of letters or search for anagrams. This way, you can search with even more results and you have a useful aid for puzzles and word games.
• Do a search on one or more words directly from Safari or from your clipboard (from iOS 8).
• Your search history is saved (and can be deleted easily!)
• Adjust the font size or colours according to your own taste and use pinch to zoom within articles.
• Would you like to keep your find? Simply put words in your own favourites list.
• An internet connection is not required to use this app, so there are no hidden costs.
• Van Dale apps are universal, so they work on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. You can use them in portrait or landscape position.
We regularly perform technical updates. This way, bugs are eliminated and new possibilities are added. Do you have suggestions or do you have ideas to improve this app? Please send us an email: email@example.com. Compliments are also gladly received. A positive review in the App Store means the world to us!
Van Dale Uitgevers is the leading and most authoritative publisher of dictionaries in the Netherlands and Belgium. Van Dale produces a wide and varied offering of dozens of language–related titles for effective language user support. With precision and respect, Van Dale describes language as thoroughly as possible, and not only Dutch, but foreign languages too.