Wordflex Touch Dictionary
With more than 2 million language nodes for you to explore, the Wordflex Touch Dictionary is the next step in the evolution of the English dictionary+thesaurus. Developed exclusively for iPad – in association with the Oxford University Press – this fun, fascinating app offers the first truly tactile, interactive reference for word lovers of all ages.
Follow the support link for video demo !
Now more than 50% OFF for a limited time (originally $24.99) !
✓ Featured in Apple's ‘New & Noteworthy’, ‘What's Hot’ and ‘iPad App of the Week’ in nearly 100 countries
✓ #1 iPad educational title in many countries
✓ Only 5 star reviews
‘One of those “wow” apps…’ – Karen Freeman, AppAdvice
‘Truly an app worthy of iPad … stunning’ – Nate Adcock, iPhoneLife
‘Visually stunning and aesthetically satisfying, Wordflex has taken the English Oxford Dictionary to the next level’- Asam Shah, TheNextWeb
‘Caution: If you’re a word geek, it's easy to spend hours… its design, reflecting on concepts of mind mapping and natural physical behavior married with premium content by Oxford University Press, make it truly stand out’ – The MacTrack
MORE FUN TO USE, EASIER TO NAVIGATE:
Online dictionaries force users to scroll for what they want. Wordflex offers a more compelling, intuitive approach, combining structure and play to maximize learning. By manipulating word-trees physically, unlocking content at will and rearranging the onscreen ‘workspace,’ users experience language as an interactive adventure – and find what they’re looking for more quickly.
• For iPad only – the ultimate dictionary for the ultimate tablet
• Tree-based view with realistic physical behavior for easy navigation of complex entries
• Gesture-based interaction; moving nodes around, tapping, scrolling, pinching/spreading enable strongly interactive play with words – mimicking the elemental, tactile, fun of learning language
• Advanced technology, combining rich educational content with immersive experience; dynamic interface driven by a physics engine and a highly efficient, tree-structured database
• Highly aesthetic UI with retina HD graphic for crystalline text and visuals
• Ability to share ‘word posters’ via e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, or printed hard copy
• Multiple Oxford's dictionary/thesaurus titles in one app
• Direct expansion of word nodes allowing jumping from one tree to another
• Complete audio pronunciations in U.K./U.S. English; tailor-made illustrations
• Content-rich (nearly 1GB) installation – no network needed to use (except for sharing)
• Flexible search with matches, hints, relatives and real-life sentences
• Smart bookmarking marks exact point of interest
• Bird's-eye auto-zooming/centering
• Smart-expansion feature keeps work area tidy and offers attractive auto-unfolding of word trees
• Random ‘flying through language’ feature
FOR PEOPLE WHO:
✓ use language creatively
✓ are looking for just the right word
✓ are learning/studying English
✓ want to enrich their vocabulary
✓ are ‘word nerds’ digging deep into linguistic complexities
✓ find traditional dictionaries insufficient or too static
COMPREHENSIVE LINGUISTIC CONTENTS:
The following fully integrated titles are powered by Oxford's extensive language research program, including the Oxford English Corpus which contains over 2 billion words of real 21st century English.
• Oxford Dictionary of English (ISBN 9780199571123)
The foremost single-volume authority on the English language; includes 355,000 words, phrases and definitions, 12,000 encyclopedic entries, and 68,000 examples selected by best language experts in the field.
• New Oxford American Dictionary (ISBN 9780195392883)
Similar in extent and scope to the title above, this is Oxford’s flagship dictionary of U.S. English.
• Oxford Thesaurus of English (ISBN 9780199560813)
The gold standard of comprehensive synonym and antonym resources.
• Completely redesigned bookmarking system with new options, tag labels and email export. Your legacy bookmarks will no longer be visible but you may always export them from within the Bookmarks dialog.
• 200 000 new language nodes added with new synonyms and word groups. Wordflex now comprises more than 2,2 million language nodes for you to explore.
• Support for latest iOS 6 and devices - iPad (4th generation), iPad mini (looks gorgeous on iPad mini).
• Native social networks integration (where applicable) including Chinese Sina Weibo.
• "Expand all" function accessible via node's context menu on double-tap.
• "Top 1000" English words added to the predefined bookmarks (next to Illustrated words).
• Many other smaller fixes, UI and functionality improvements reported by users.
• THANK YOU FOR YOUR GREAT CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK AND SUPPORT!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 02, 2012
- Schematix Ltd.
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (71)
- 793.7 MB