Touchcards - Import Free Flashcards
Touchcards is a simple flashcard viewing application that has helped thousands study. Need more? Check out Touchcards 2.
NOTE: StudyStack issues referred to in the comments addressed with latest update.
Make sure your Quizlet sets are *public*
* Use the Settings app on your device to change the flipping behavior. Shake to shuffle.
ACCESS THOUSANDS OF FREE FLASH CARDS
Touchcards makes using any set of free flashcards from Quizlet.com or StudyStack.com easy. Simply enter the URL of the deck you want to import and Touchcards takes care of the rest.
Create your own flashcards at those sites, or within a Google Docs spreadsheet.
Touchcards imports the flashcards, allowing you to study on the go without an internet connection. Once you're connected again you can re-sync your cards to get any changes made to the master set from Quizlet or StudyStack.
TOUCH AND REVIEW
Touchcards is easy to use and interactive. Swipe your way through your cards, tap them to flip them over, pinch to resize the fonts, and shake the device to shuffle your deck.
Adjust card flip behavior using the Settings app on the home screen.
A HUGE FREE LIBRARY, READY FOR IMPORT
Extensive flashcard sets already exist for learning languages, SAT topics, AP, GRE, LSAT, GMAT, MCAT sections, algebra, geometry, biology, chemistry, anatomy, history, capitals, the alphabet, religion, music, poetry, literature, art, theater, law, banking, medicine, accounting, baby topics, toddler and kids topics, vocabulary, and more. There are too many to list, so be sure to take a look at www.quizlet.com and www.studystack.com.
CREATE YOUR OWN FLASHCARDS
If you can't find a set you like on Quizlet or StudyStack, you can create your own. This can be done a couple ways: first, you can create a new set on Quizlet or StudyStack and then import it, or you can opt to create your own private set using Google Docs.
To create a set in Google Docs, open a new spreadsheet and type the questions (front of the card) in column A, and the answers (back of card) in column B. Publish the spreadsheet as a web page, using the instructions provided within the Touchcards app.
A DOUBLE BENEFIT
Quizlet.com and StudyStack.com already have great, active communities and hundreds of thousands of flash cards. They also offer tools to review your sets. If you're near a computer, you can take advantage of these sites. Even if you delete your deck from the iPhone, you can still access it anytime on these websites, so any effort you spent creating the cards is never wasted.
When you're on the go, take your sets with you using Touchcards.
ONE OF THE BEST WAYS TO STUDY
Active recall is still one of the best ways to actually learn material. As you flip through the deck and think of the answer in your head, you're building a mental model related to the material on the cards. Read about some of the benefits here http://chronicle.com/free/v55/i34/34a00101.htm
EVERY TOPIC YOU CAN THINK OF
If you visit Quizlet.com or StudyStack.com, you'll see that thousands of flashcards have already been created. Join or visit these sites and become a part of their active communities.
Did you know Quizlet.com has over 1,571 sets of flashcards related to the GRE?
Quizlet also has over 19,725 sets related to learning the English language.
Studying for the SAT? Quizlet has 5,249 sets ready for you right now.
Studying anatomy? StudyStack has thousands of sets created by people over the past 5 years ready for you to use now.
Touchchards is not affiliated with or supported by Quizlet.com or StudyStack.com. The app can simply import sets made available through these sites.
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions. I'd also love to hear what you want to see in the next release.
More robust Quizlet.com importing
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Feb 01, 2010
- Steven Romej
- Average Rating:
- 2.50 (44)
- 0.1 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• AminoBuddy - amino acids study guide - exam test prep flashcards
• BabyBelly - Pregnancy Time-Lapse
• Beacon - Ambient stock market information
• Calculess - Simple Scientific Calculator for iPad
• Calculess Free - Scientific Calculator for iPad
• Cardboard for iPad - flash card review
• Chapters - Notebooks for Writing
• Chronicle - Journal and Writing Notebooks
• Chronicle - personal journal and secret diary - write notes
• Chronicle for iPad - A personal journal
• EatRight - Daily food log diet checklist healthy nutrition guide
• EatRight 90 - Nutrition log extreme fitness - Diet and exercise
• Free Flashcards - Flashboard
• Homebuy - mortgage calculator
• LoveMySkin - Mole map for skin cancer prevention
• MakeChange - Money counting math game for iPad
• Math Legend - Rock your addition subtraction multiplication game
• Meetings - Notebooks for Work
• Memmy - picture matching game
• Picflick - tiny cinema
• Planner for iPad - Weekly Calendar and Tasks
• Playscape Matching - Learning Colors Shapes Numbers Letters Game
• QuickMPG - gas mileage calculator
• Ranktouch: Amazon sales rank trends
• Stereogram - photos with depth
• Taskboard - Drag and Drop Lists and Workflow
• Touchcards 2 - Flashcard learning system Import free flash cards
• Touchcards Free - Flash cards from the top sites
• Touchcards Free - flashcards review
• YouDo - To-do lists and daily notes