The Very Hungry Caterpillar– First Words
iOS Universal Games
The Very Hungry Caterpillar™ & Friends First Words is an adorable preschool learning app for tablets and mobile phones that will delight and encourage young children as they learn their first words. Featuring The Very Hungry Caterpillar™ and other much-loved characters, the app introduces early learners to over 80 words, from farm animals to family and food.
It's also the perfect app for parents and little ones to share, combining enchanting illustrations by Eric Carle, simple word labels, and friendly narration. In addition, you can turn the app into a language-learning tool for students of all ages, simply by choosing a second language in the menu.
The app is just like a real book, so it’s easy to find your way around. Each page is introduced by a playful rhyme, while bright and colorful images pop-up magically as each 3D scene opens. When your child taps a picture, they see and hear the associated word, making this a powerful tool for learning new words as well as reinforcing those they already know. The final page is a quiz, allowing young readers to see what they have learned. With the second language option, they also can explore other languages too, including Spanish, French and German.
The words are grouped into 13 different categories to get children thinking and talking about the world around them, including farm, jungle, sea and garden animals, food, clothing, family, transport and objects around the home.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar™ & Friends First Words is part of the StoryToys Jr line. Designed for young children aged 15 months to 3+ years old, it includes the following features:
• Full 3D experience - just like a real book
• Stunning illustrations by best-selling author Eric Carle
• 13 interactive 3D pop-up scenes and over 80 words
• Quiz section
• Choice of English, French, German and Spanish as either a primary or secondary language
• Fully narrated in each language by professional actors
• Featuring a fun soundtrack and atmospheric sound effects
• Winner of the BolognaRagazzi Digital Award, 2015
• 11 Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Awards
• 2 iLounge awards for best kids’ app
• 2 Mom’s Choice gold awards
• Mom’s Choice Silver award
• Shortlist nominations for the FutureBook Digital Innovation Award
• Best Kids’ App Ever winner
• Longlisted for the DBW Publishing innovation award
• 8 Tech With Kids Best Pick App Awards
Now including Korean, Japanese and Simplified Chinese as language learning options!
148Apps —The Very Hungry Caterpillar & Friends First Words Review