iOS iPhone Education
Founded in 2003, the nonprofit organization StoryCorps, based in Brooklyn, New York has given 100,000 people the chance to record interviews about their lives, pass wisdom from one generation to the next, and leave a legacy for the future. It is the largest single collection of human voices ever gathered.
StoryCorps shares edited excerpts of these stories with the world through popular weekly NPR broadcasts, animated shorts, digital platforms, and best-selling books. These powerful conversations illustrate our shared humanity and show how much more we share in common than divides us.
StoryCorps interviews have traditionally been recorded in StoryCorps booths in the United States with the assistance of StoryCorps facilitators. With the introduction of this app, StoryCorps interviews can now be recorded anywhere, anytime and shared to our companion website at StoryCorps.me. For at least one year after launch, interviews shared to StoryCorps.me through the app will be archived at the American Folklife Center at the United States Library of Congress.
To learn more, visit StoryCorps.org and StoryCorps.me.
Thanks to everyone who has reached out and sent us feedback. Your input is essential to our work. Please continue to let us know what new features and improvements you'd like to see. Reach out to us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org or support.storycorps.me.
We've made a ton of improvements in this version, including:
- We added checks to ensure your mic, camera and device storage are properly enabled.
- We added geolocation tagging to ensure interviews have the most reliable data.
- We made user experience improvements to the audio player and other screens.
- We made improvements to the recording and uploading process to make uploads more reliable.
- We squashed several bugs reported by users.