iOS iPhone Education
Founded in 2003, the nonprofit organization StoryCorps, based in Brooklyn, New York has given 100,000 people the chance to record interviews about their lives, pass wisdom from one generation to the next, and leave a legacy for the future. It is the largest single collection of human voices ever gathered.
StoryCorps shares edited excerpts of these stories with the world through popular weekly NPR broadcasts, animated shorts, digital platforms, and best-selling books. These powerful conversations illustrate our shared humanity and show how much more we share in common than divides us.
StoryCorps interviews have traditionally been recorded in StoryCorps booths in the United States with the assistance of StoryCorps facilitators. With the introduction of this app, StoryCorps interviews can now be recorded anywhere, anytime and shared to our companion website at StoryCorps.me. For at least one year after launch, interviews shared to StoryCorps.me through the app will be archived at the American Folklife Center at the United States Library of Congress.
To learn more, visit StoryCorps.org and StoryCorps.me.
- New pause record functionality let's you pause and take a break while recording
- You can now upload images from your library
- New community functionality let's you share your interview with a community
- New network checks alert you in the app if you are offline
- Improvements to player interface
- Improvements to record screen interface
- Improvements to keyword browsing
- Audio now plays in background
- Several bug fixes
Thanks so much to everyone who has alerted us about issues and new features you'd like to see. Keep your feedback coming!
More exciting improvements are scheduled for the fall, so please check back for updates!
--The StoryCorps App team