Great spelling teaching app. Children love helping 'Wordy the frog' build a beautiful magic garden by spelling words correctly.
Spelling Frog Wordy is sad, his garden is very empty. Please help him. You can do this by spelling words correctly. After spelling some words correctly something new will grow in the garden. Keep spelling until the entire garden is filled with flowers. Make Wordy very happy.
There are many surprises in the garden. Your child will want to keep on spelling to find them all.
NOTE: This is a univeral app: purchase Spell Well once and use it across all of your Apple devices (iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPod Touch 3rd gen or iPod Touch 4)
- Developed to teach spelling to children at first grade level
- Teaches a vocabulary of over 500 words
- Follows the texts of the British National Curriculum
- Words to be spelled are shown
- Words to be spelled are spoken
- Words are put into context using a sentence
- Words are further highlighted with an illustration
- Advanced graphics, using the iPads enhanced features
- Builds confidence
Spell Well shows how many words have been spelled correctly so far, and with which word the child had the most trouble.
- Corrects and reinforces
Children will be asked to spell words again that they had trouble with.
- Makes spelling fun
As more words are spelled correctly, a beautiful garden starts to grow. Children can see how the garden is growing at any time.
- Word context and usage
The word to be spelled is shown, spoken and illustrated. A sentence showing proper word usage is also spoken out.
- Handwriting recognition
The spelling of the words is done by writing directly on the screen, so the child will actually have to write perfectly to proceed.
Spell Well teaches the child to write in both uppercase as well as lowercase fonts.
The parent can also adjust the difficulty. With a higher difficulty, the child will be assisted less and needs to spell more words correctly to make the garden grow.
1. Resolved an issue with the lower case letter presentation on the iPad
2. Character recognition on the iPad has been improved
3. Fixed an issue with audio playback
4. Words to be spelled are now presented in a more random order
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 25, 2012
- Sparkling Apps
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (16)
- 117.5 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Gesture Find and Dial
• Halloween Friends
• Merry Xmas Everybody
• Merry Xmas Everybody (free)
• Picture Surprise
• Place (Free)
• Sparkling Maps
• Sparkling Maps Lite
• Sparkling Poker
• Speak it - for Wiki
• Speak it - for mail, Facebook and Twitter
• Speak it pro - for mail, Facebook and Twitter
• Spell Well Lite
• Talk to Eve
• Talk to Eve (free)
• Talking Checklist Pro
• Talking Goggles - a camera with speech
• Talking Goggles - a camera with speech (free)
• The Power of Prayer
• Translator With Speech HD (free)
• Translator with Speech
• Translator with Speech (Free)
• Translator with Speech Pro
• Voice Answer
• Voice Answer Lite
• Voice Ask
• Voice Texting Deluxe
• Voice Texting Pro