iOS Universal Education
Spell Aid is the most Dyslexia friendly Dictionary, with Thesaurus, available.
It gives users the independence and confidence in discovering unknown words and their definitions.
Search for words by conventional means (including by speech) or by using our bespoke methods, which are ideal for people with spelling difficulties as well as those for whom English is a second language.
•More than 100,000 English and compound words, with clear and precise definitions
•Integrated Thesaurus, displaying Synonyms where available
•Audible confirmation of selected words
•Spells out the word with adjustable speed, male or female voice
•Accompanying images, for a huge selection of words
•Copy words to clipboard for use in other applications
•Share words and their definitions with others.
•Split Screen on iPad allows Spell Aid to work side by side your other applications, such as Microsoft Word and Mail
Customise Spell Aid to your preferred settings, make it your own and enhance your reading experience.
•Unlimited font and background colours.
•More than 20 fonts to choose from, including Dyslexia friendly fonts.
•Variable font size
•Favourites, allows you to easily add words to a list of favourites and review previously selected words.
•Add to History, gives you the option of keeping a record of previously selected words
Why is Spell Aid so useful?
It has often been said “What use is a dictionary if I cannot spell?”.
Spell Aid is the first Dictionary app that really caters to the needs of a diverse set of users.
In addition to a conventional search facility, Spell Aid also offers two bespoke methods of finding words, allowing users to look up words based upon the letters they believe to be in the word, with an option for regardless of the order of the letters.
Users who experience colour blindness can take advantage of the customisation features, selecting from a vast array of font styles, adjustment of font size, unlimited background and font colours. All this makes for a greater reading experience.
Spell Aid subscriptions options:
• Get Premium version 1 year subscription for £2.49 - Adds Images (where applicable), Audio Pronunciations and the Spell It function to the definitions of selected words. Audio Pronunciations and the Spell IT functions are available with or without Internet access.
• Get Pronunciations 1 year subscription for £1.99 - Adds Audio Pronunciations and the Spell It function, both functions work whether you are online or offline. Subscribe now and your first month is free.*
• Get Images 1 year subscription for £0.99 - Adds Images to the definitions of selected words where applicable, internet access is needed. Subscribe now and your first month is free.*
* Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
* Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
* Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
* You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
* No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
We would love to hear from you, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, feedback or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org