iOS Universal Education
Special Numbers contains a set of activities to help develop early number skills, including counting, matching, ordering, comparing and selecting. We have designed the app in collaboration with parents, children, teachers and educational psychologists, and with reference to research into how children acquire mathematics skills.
All the activities are intended to be accessible and hold the attention of children with learning difficulties including Down syndrome, autism, poor fine motor skills and hearing impairment, as well as being appealing to typically developing children. Special Numbers is suitable for use at home, at school, in nursery or kindergarten, and in therapy sessions.
Settings you can change include:
• Range of numbers (between 0 and 20, depending on activity)
• Objects to use (digits, words, balls, animals, flowers, pencils, bugs, clocks and dominoes)
• Fonts (including our own font with easy-to-read digits and letters)
• When and where to use the built in sounds
• Speed of animations (to adjust the pace of the activities)
This version supports English (both American and British), Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Spanish and Turkish.
By using profiles, you can replace sounds and text with your own recordings and words in any language, have different settings for each child, and transfer customisations between devices.
A detailed User Guide is available on our website at www.specialiapps.org.
• New languages: Dutch and German