SpeakColors is an iPad app designed to encourage young children to imitate and use two word phrases with color words and common objects. The app is geared toward toddlers with speech and language delays, autism, Down syndrome and other developmental disorders.
This motivating app increases vocabulary skills, phrase length, and receptive and expressive language. This lite version of SpeakColors contains 7 common colors and 100 colorful photographs of objects. Children can record their own voice to name colors, food, animals, toys, and common objects.
"SpeakColors can do an excellent job of teaching words and sentence structure as a precursor to or in conjunction with other reinforcing hands-on multi-modality activities." ~ SpeechPathologyApps.com
*** Free App of the Week in SpeechPathologyApps.com Newsletter (05/31/2012) ***
- Pick a color from the top of the screen.
- Swipe left or swipe right to change objects.
- Press a color or object in the middle of the screen to hear the name of the color or object.
*** Disclosure ***
At RWH Technology we are committed to the privacy and safety of our customers and their children. This app:
- Does not collect/share any user's personally identifiable information.
- Does not contain Social Network Integration or Links to Social Media.
- Does not contain ads.
- Does not contain push notifications.
- Does not include In-App-Purchases.
- Does include a link to the full SpeakColorsHD version. Link is found on a separate, adult targeted screen.
- New default voice
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 15, 2012
- RWH Technology
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (20)
- 3.1 MB