Sono Flex Lite
iOS Universal Education
Tobii Sono Flex is an easy to use AAC vocabulary app that turns symbols into clear speech. It offers language to nonverbal users who are not yet in full control of literacy.
Sono Flex combines the benefits of structure and flexibility, providing a framework for language development, quickly matching individual and situational communication needs.
Tobii Sono Flex has been designed to be easy to operate and easy for SLPs, teachers, parents, caregivers or other communication partners to setup and customize.
--- Version and pricing ---
Tobii Sono Flex is a universal application available for iPhone, iPod and iPad. Users need only to buy the application once to run it on either device.
Tobii Sono Flex is also available in a slightly limited, but fully functioning evaluation version called Tobii Sono Flex Lite.
Educational institutions are eligible for a 50% Educational Discounts through Apple’s Volume Licensing Program for Education when buying more than 20 licenses (currently only available in the USA). Please contact your local Tobii representative for more information.
--- Some of the features of Tobii Sono Flex ---
- Combines core and topic-based vocabulary in a unique and dynamic way
- Provides an easy, and highly motivating, start with over 50 pre-made context vocabularies
- Comes with more than 11,000 SymbolStix® symbols
- Use the camera and photo albums of the iPhone or iPad to create your own symbols
- Comes with 5 US English, high quality Acapela voices; one boy, one girl, two women and one male voice.
- Offers a solid structure to build up a large common vocabulary and enables versatile communication
- Great flexibility in tailoring the vocabulary to individual and situational needs
- Develop within Tobii Sono Flex, into other Sono Suite products or even switch hardware platforms
- Tobii Sono Flex is available for iPhone, iPod, iPad and on regular PCs and dedicated speech devices running Tobii Communicator.
Read more on www.tobiisonoflex.com or www.tobii.com
--- Read what others say about Sono Flex ---
"Awesome, awesome, awesome! I wonder why it hasn’t been developed before. It is great to have the situational modules at hand so easily. This is just perfect for us to prepare sessions with clients with a minimum of time consumption. It is really nice that you have chosen very interactive and playful contexts that are age independent."
Alycia Berg, MS, CCC-SLP, Boston Children’s Hospital
"I have to say, I really like Sono Flex. I believe that the control that a user has over it is going to be very helpful and prove to be successful over other currently available products where one can just flip through screens without having access to a full communication system that supports interaction.
I really love the Context-based pages. It is great that you include phrases in these as well for quick interactions that are specific to the context-based pages. Glad to see About Me as a context page.
The way you can swap out context-based pages is really brilliant and helps to expand the communication opportunities without increasing the navigation demands."
Judy Lariviere, M.Ed., OTR/L, Communication Specialist, Rett Clinic, Oakland Children’s Hospital
"Looks good. I like the way the vocab is laid out and you can change one bottom bar it’s possibly the fastest way of changing vocab I have seen."
Will Wade, Lead Occupational Therapist at Kent Communication and Assistive Technology Service, Researcher at Oxford Brookes University, Operator of Apps for AAC website
"I love the vocabulary and the mix of core words and situations.
What I like: Layout of pages; no vertical scroll; grammar feature; situations, situations, situations. Editing is very different, but once I got used to it I liked it (I like to see the whole page as a list, that is cool)."
Kate Ahern, M.S.Ed., AT Specialist and Operator of ‘Teaching Learners with Multiple Special Needs’ Blog
Resolved issue with voice configuration for certain users