SkyView Free - Explore the Universe
SkyView™ Free brings stargazing to everyone, and it's totally free! Simply point your iPhone, iPad, or iPod at the sky to identify stars, constellations, satellites, and more!
Over 5 million downloads
App Store Rewind 2011 -- Best Education App
“If you've ever wanted to know what you're looking at in the night sky, this app is the perfect stargazer's companion.”
"If you’ve ever been looking for a stargazing app for your iPhone, then this [is] definitely the one to get."
“SkyView is an Augmented Reality app that lets you see just what delights the sky has to offer.”
– 148Apps Editor’s Choice
You don't need to be an astronomer to find stars or constellations in the sky, just open SkyView™ Free and let it guide you to their location and identify them. SkyView™ Free is a beautiful and intuitive stargazing app that uses your camera to precisely spot and identify celestial objects in sky, day or night. Find your favorite constellations as they fade in and out while you scan across the sky, locate the Moon, discover distant galaxies, and witness satellite fly-bys.
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the daily sky tracks for the Sun and Moon to see their exact locations in the sky on any date & time.
• Comprehensive: Includes hundreds of stars and satellites with lots of interesting facts.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
• Smart app design, self-optimizes for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
• Star visibility slider to increase or reduce the number of visible stars
• Increased render speed of 3D scene for a smoother look at the universe
If you like our new update, please leave us a good review! As always, please email us your suggestions, bugs, and feature requests to email@example.com – they are always appreciated. Happy stargazing!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Mar 06, 2013
- Terminal Eleven LLC
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (144)
- 40.3 MB