iOS Universal Education
***SkySafari has been upgraded! Copy and paste the link below into your browser for the NEW SkySafari 4***
"The best of all the star chart apps for iOS..."
- The Mac Observer
"Revolutionary and a game-changer..."
- Sky and Telescope
SkySafari's streamlined user interface puts both power and simplicity into your hands - and turns your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch into an invaluable tool for exploring the night sky. SkySafari is more than a star chart - it's your celestial travel guide!
SkySafari 3 comes in three versions - this is the basic version.
What you can do with SkySafari 3:
• Point and hover your mobile device at the night sky to identify constellations, planets, satellites, stars, and other sky objects from your location.
• Search for any object in the sky, and follow the arrow on screen to find it!
• 120,000 stars, 220 of the best-known star clusters, nebulae, and galaxies.
• Hundreds of images from NASA space missions, the Hubble Space Telescope, and the world's foremost astro-photographers.
• Encyclopedic descriptions of the sky objects written by professional astronomers.
• Accurately shows you the sky from any place on Earth, at anytime up to 100 years in the past or future.
• Displays the Solar System's major planets and moons using NASA spacecraft imagery.
• “Night” button to preserve your dark adaptation as you're exploring the night sky.
• “Time Flow” Feature - follow the motion of sky objects as SkySafari compresses days, months, and years into a few seconds.
• SkyWeek - interactive sky charts for each day of the week, and links to more articles on Sky and Telescope's website.
• Includes all major sky events: eclipses, conjunctions, good meteor showers — miss nothing!
***TOP NEW FEATURES in SkySafari 4***
• Apple Maps Integration: Choose your location from a built-in Maps view!
• Animated Meteor Showers – with complete viewing information and spectacular graphics!
• New and Updated Descriptions – for HUNDREDS of objects!
• New Horizon Panoramas – Yerba Buena Gardens, Ayers Rock, Mauna Kea. Or add your own!
• Complete Rewrite of Compass Code - for smoother and more accurate motion tracking!
• Dozens more tweaks, bug fixes, and additions we don’t have room to list here!
***Copy and paste the following link into your browser for the NEW SkySafari 4***
Please note: there is no upgrade pricing from SkySafari's basic version to SkySafari Plus or Pro. Make sure to get the version you want!
1) Fixes problem with predicting the position of comet ISON after perihelion.
2) Locations in Arizona, USA now never observe daylight savings time.
3) Restored labels under the toolbar icons in the SkyWeek screen.