iOS Universal Education
SkyORB is a fast and lightweight astronomy app including a 3D star map, 3D planetarium, ephemeris with notifications, search engine, sun clock, point to sky, weather, and more. Click “…More” to learn why you should download this App today!
“SkyORB is fantastic for anyone interested in the night skies, but it’s not just a star-gazer’s handbook.“
"This is another fascinating app."
"We love SkyORB because it not only offers 3D images of the planets and the stars in the sky, along with comets and asteroids, but it also comes a 'point to sky' feature that allows you to aim your handset towards a star or planet and it'll identify it for you"
- PC Advisor
MAJOR UPDATE FOR IOS 10 : Enhanced notifications supports, better user interface and more.
SkyORB features many functions as a 3D real-time representation of the planets position around the sun, the ability to hold your device and point toward a visible star and planet and reveal the name by tracking the GPS position, compass orientation, the elevation from the gyroscope, warn the user when a phenomenon is occurs as a full moon, a planet really visible, which is worth the observation.
SkyORB is *free* of charge and you can upgrade to the premium version directly from the application to enjoy even more features, as notifications and on-the-cloud backup.
What you will get with SkyORB (Lite version):
• Fast (multi-core optimized) and lightweight (<40MB), full featured astronomy app. 64-bit capable.
• a 3D real-time planetarium with photo-realistic rendering,
• a Zoom all the way in to the solar system, or zoom all the way out to the rest of the Milky Way in 3D.
• a 3D real-time sky rendering, with tracking from compass and gyroscope,
• Comets and satellites positions, with update from the Web for latest entries, including near earth asteroids.
• Weather forecast from current location,
• Ephemeris including next 60 days astronomy events, including peak day of meteors showers, date of planet elongation and opposition.
• Display day/night terminator on a world map,
• Powerful universal search engine: type few letter and find a matching nebula, constellation, place, planets, exo-planets, space probes (Pioneer and Voyager) and more.
• Moon phases with dates, including rise and set times,
• Ability to simulate the sky from any place in the world and even from other planet like Mars
• Ability to move fast forward and backward in time,
• Enhanced for latest iPad and iPhone including 64-bit and OpenGL ES 3.0
• Be alerted when a phenomenon (planet at its brightest, full/new moon, eclipse) is occurring with local notifications (can be disabled).
• Ability to connect on an Apple TV and use your iPhone and iPad as a trackpad (great for presentation in a class room).
• iOS 8 optimized with notification centre support, 60-fps video capture for reality augmentent, iPhone 6, 6+ high resolution support. Fast (multi-core optimized) and lightweight (<40MB), full featured astronomy app. 64-bit capable.
Upgrade to SkyORB Premium and unlock access to a host of additional features that will extend and improve your use of SkyORB as:
• Ad-free version
• Full screen in planetarium view, including more view unlocked
• Display more information on moon phases, ephemeris.
• More views unlocked, including ability to hide user interface in planetarium and local view modes,
• More complete search engine,
• Today widget page, enha on iOS (Lite version is free for one month),
• Easily recover your premium upgrade to all your devices connected to your account, thanks to the iOS cloud storage.
• And many more features unlocked !
• Apple Watch (watchOS 2) with vocal search engine, digital crown, equation of time complication, and stand alone from the phone.
Check out our Facebook page:
Check out the app website for more information, documentation, videos and more at
In this update
• iOS 10 ready : Support for rich notifications.
• Low Power mode option: You can hold the phone upside down at your side, and your phone's screen will almost go completely dark.
• Improved UI, readability and text overlapping addressed.
• Weather page is now separated, display current atmospheric pressure (from iPhone 6), temperature and relative humidity.
• Other bug fixes