Everyday Sight Words - lite
This app is the real deal when it comes to teaching sight words. It's highly educational, effectively contextualizes words by organizing them by location (e.g. "bathroom," "bedroom," or "park"), and makes excellent use of audio learning cues. It' also provides lots of positive reinforcement when the user succeeds.
Appeals to a Wide Audience
Easy to Use
Good Challenge Range
Great for Tablets
Read further to learn more...
- An interactive and thoughtfully designed app for children to learn everyday sight words in a smart way that fosters thinking and understanding.
- The free version is fully featured but includes only 4 everyday environments (Bedroom, Bathroom, Breakfast, Classroom). Where each of them consists of more than 12 words to learn. To obtain more environments like Playground, Park, Garden, Kitchen, Street, Store, and others, please upgrade to the full version.
- Kids Lean Everyday Words is the first in series of Language Learning Curriculum from Nimble Minds.
- Intended for kids ages 2-7
- What will children learn?
Children will learn the sight words and names of the objects they find in their everyday environments. They will also learn about the different everyday situations/places they encounter in a typical day or will encounter as they grow up.
- How is it different from other word learning apps?
At Nimble Minds, our focus is to help kids become a smart learner, so they can achieve more without working too hard. Instead of using flash cards and rote memorization techniques, this app employs an active learning process where children interact with the graphics to gain knowledge. They are given a particular situation and asked to discover a new object or identify a particular object. Children learn new words for objects with respect to their environments in which they exist. At the same time, they also understand the relationship of one object with another.
The graphics are HD and have been made super attractive to gain children's attention, which in return allows them to get involved and learn the words without even working hard to remember.
The child friendly voice over, sounds of applause, cheerful music and encouraging remarks like 'superb', 'very good', and 'you got it', in the app, will ensure a very positive learning experience for the young developing minds.
- Activities included in the game:
The game contains two modes: Learn and Play
In Learn mode, kids tap on the question mark sitting above the object, to find out what it is called.
In play mode, their recently gained knowledge from Learn section is tested and reinforced by asking them to identify and find the objects for the words given.
Every mode and each situation is designed so children enjoy success time after time and receive encouraging remarks in a friendly manner.
- This app does not contain any ads because we believe it is inappropriate for kids to come across any indecent and unnecessary images, while they are learning and playing. It is also equipped with child locks to prevent kids from accidently buying the paid version. However, if you may find this app to be productive and amusing for your child, please feel free to upgrade to the full version.
- If the app crashes or freezes, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get it fixed right away. Negative ratings for crashes and technical issues are really disappointing and we don't intend that to happen.
Tags: sight, sight words, kids, children, learn, game, fun, education, words, play, everyday, english, read, language, smart, flashcard, memory, autism, autistic adhd, situations, life, daily
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 22, 2013
- Nimble Minds LLC
- 20.4 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.00 (2)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 5.00 (15)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Bud's First Japanese Words - Vocabulary Builder, Learning and Reading Game for Preschool Toddlers
• Bud's First Korean Words - Vocabulary Builder, Learning and Reading Game for Preschool Toddlers
• Bud's First Spanish Words - Spanish for Kids (Vocabulary, Spelling, Reading and Grammar)
• Bud's Rhyming Words - Kids learn word families, CVC, short & long vowel words
• Bud’s First English Words - Vocabulary Builder, Reading Game, Picture Dictionary & Learning activities for Preschool Toddlers