This app is designed for students aged 8 – 11 years old. Vocabulary instruction is important to a student’s science learning. When teaching science vocabulary, you are actually teaching important concepts. Research shows that knowledge of science related vocabulary is related to reading comprehension and school success in general. Building vocabulary will help integrate the science content with other content areas and help increase student achievement.
Designed for 3 Learning Styles!
• Visual learners easily remember visual details and prefer to see what they are learning.
• Auditory learners like to have things explained orally.
• Tactile learners like to touch things in order to learn about them.
As an elementary science teacher in one of the nation's largest school districts, I taught children whose first language was not English, I found that using digital photography as an instructional tool enhanced my lessons, increased comprehension and English language acquisition. I have provided key science terms in this app with photographs to help convey the meaning of abstract concepts in life, earth and physical science.
Added more vocabulary words
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 20, 2013
- Alex D. Jones
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (19)
- 12.2 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• A+ Science Quiz
• Earth Science Through Digital Photos
• Earth Science Through Photography
• Earth Science Vol 1
• Life Science Through Digital Photos
• Life Science Through Photography
• Life Science Vol 1
• Life Science Vol. 2
• Physical Science Through Digital Photos
• Physical Science Through Photography
• Physical Science Vol. 1