iOS iPad Education
Schoolwork is a new iPad app built to help teachers both save time and maximize each student’s potential. With Schoolwork, it’s easy to share class materials, get students to a specific activity in an app, collaborate with students, and view student progress.
Teachers can easily create and send out a class announcement, a study reminder, or an assignment. They then get progress information on how their students are doing on their assignments, making it easier for them to personalize instruction to each individual student.
Students get one central place to see assignments, submit work, and view their own progress.
Share anything with Handouts
• Use Handouts to easily share a homework assignment, study reminder, or class announcement with students
• Add PDFs, documents, web links, photos, videos, or even links to specific activities in an app
• Give students an easy way to submit a final project and demonstrate their understanding
Assign specific activities within an app
• With apps optimized for Schoolwork you can review an app's list of assignable activities, then easily assign one or more to the class
• With a single tap, students are brought directly to the assigned activity within the app
• For activities you assign in Schoolwork you’ll be able to view student progress, including quiz scores, points earned, and time spent
Keep students focused and organized
• Students have one place to go to see their announcements and assignments
• They can see what they have coming due this week across all their classes
• In Pages, Keynote, and Numbers, and other supported apps, students can submit homework right from within the app
Collaborate and give real-time feedback
• Easily collaborate with individual students or with the entire class in just a few taps
• Add comments to students’ work while they’re working on an assignment
• Use the new Drawing and Smart Annotation features in Pages, Keynote, and Numbers to add feedback directly to students’ documents
• Use Apple Pencil or your finger to mark up PDFs, photos, and more
• See a holistic view of a student including submitted work and progress in apps, all in one place
• Use student progress to find students who may need an extra challenge, or extra support
• Tailor Handouts to a single student or a group of students based on individual needs
Schools are required to opt in to Schoolwork’s student progress feature using Apple School Manager. Student progress is only recorded for teacher-assigned activities that are completed while using a school-provided Managed Apple ID. All student progress data is encrypted in transit and at rest. If a school does not opt in, teachers and students can still use Schoolwork without this feature.
In order to improve the Schoolwork product as well as help your school understand how students and teachers are using Schoolwork, Apple collects non-personally identifiable data about your Schoolwork activity that may also be shared with your school. This data will not be used for any other purpose and does not include personally identifiable information.
• Help resources for students are now available
• This update includes usability, performance and stability improvements