Advanced Summer Weather Flying
iOS Universal Education
Strap into a Cessna P210 & Cardinal RG with weather flying expert Richard L. Collins and learn all about summer weather flying in this classic video – now available as an app. With over 110 minutes of expert weather instruction shot in and around airplanes, you’ll go beyond the basics to learn how to apply weather theory to real-world situations. You’ll go on actual flights with Collins to explore the relationship between forecast weather and real conditions, and how complex weather systems affect the airplane.
Using a visual menu system, Advanced Summer Weather Flying is broken down into 19 individual video segments, allowing quick access to each topic.
Also included is a review quiz based on content from the videos. After finishing the questions, you’ll receive instant feedback on your score and be able to review missed questions. There’s even a way to quickly review the video segment from which the question is based.
Advanced Summer Weather Flying includes the following video segments:
• Cessna P210 flight from Cincinnati, OH to Vero Beach, FL (air mass thunderstorm avoidance)
• The Bermuda high
• Using onboard radar and Stormscope
• Effects of high density altitude
• Cessna P210 flight from Pierre, ND to Helena, MT (rainy IFR flight)
• Summer mountain flying
• Cessna P210 flight from Helena, MT to Boeing Field, WA (IFR trip across the mountains)
• Interpreting cumulus clouds
• Summertime engine heat management
• Convective turbulence
• Flight across warm fronts
• Using datalink weather in the cockpit
• Cessna P210 flight from Cincinnati, OH to Des Moines, IA (IFR trip across a cold front)
• Heat and passengers
• Cessna P210 from Cheyenne, WY to Lincoln, NE (IFR flight across a stationary front with thunderstorms)
• Cessna P210 flight from Lincoln, NE to Cincinnati, OH (IFR flight across a cold front)
• Nocturnal thunderstorms
• Tropical weather
Sporty’s Pilot Shop is the world’s leading provider of aviation training material, having trained thousands of pilots for over 50 years.
***FREE gift from Sporty's with download -- pilot's microfiber screen cleaning cloth (seriously, it's free!)***
-Video training segments have been converted for streaming on-demand, which has substantially reduced the app size
-Bug fixes and compatibility updates for new operating system