Quotable Quotes by Topic
Over 20,000 quotes in all, organized by topic. This app is a complete database of interesting, historical, and humorous quotes about nearly every topic for your mobile device!
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."
- Sun-Tzu (400 BC; Chinese general and military strategist)
"Power Corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."
- Lord Acton (1834-1902; British historian, politician and educator. Considered the most learned individual of his era, unmatched in the breadth and depth of his knowledge)
"Nature abhors a vacuum."
- Francois Rabelas (French monk and satirist 1494-1553)
Ok, these are not the most useful quotes in the world, but that's not the point. It's great when you're wondering "who first said that" or you just need a witty quote for some special occasion. Impress your friends with your quick access to interesting quotes many topics from science, world history, literature, philosophy, and many others.
A subset of the overall feature list for this application includes:
- Advanced search for all quotes. The top 150 quotes are returned by the search engine for particular keywords. If you need a more finely-tuned search, simply add more terms into the search field.
- Add/edit/remove quotes, and access quotes you added using My Quotes. You can edit quotes using your on-screen keypad, or add your own interesting quotes that you may have heard. Never again forget that quote that you read somewhere but just "can't seem to put your finger" on exactly what it was or who first said it.
- Rate quotes on a 5-star system. Once rated, the quote is much easier to access later since you can just tap on the "Top Rated" button (in the "More" section)
- Mark your favorite quotes, and them in the Favorites area. This is similar to the "Top Rated" feature, but with more direct access since the button is always-visible at the bottom of the screen.
- E-mail any quote to a friend, and CC or BCC it, too.
- Rename categories and add/remove categories. We've given you a starting point to help you categorize and organize your quotes, but you can always add more, or change the default categorization. Also, you can put any quote in up to 2 categories, if desired. "Man created God in his own image." might be placed in Philosophy and Religion, for example.
- Shake your mobile device for a random quote. This is just fun on every level. Your kids will like this one, too. This app can be an excellent educational tool for kids.
- "View All" quotes for access to every item in the database. This can take a few seconds to load since there are a LOT of quotes.
- Use a simple "finger swipe" gesture to move from one quote to another, or use the previous/next buttons. Navigating the quotes database has never been easier!
- Insert a textual comment about the quote. For example, you may want to record some information about the author of the quote. Or, perhaps you would like to keep track of where you heard or read the quote.
- The history feature keeps a log of what you've seen, so you can always go back to re-read that quote you remembered from days ago.
- A Settings screen allows you to change the relative font sizes and the size of the history table.
UPGRADES ARE FREE for apps created by Darren Gates
COPYRIGHT & LICENSE INFORMATION
The content contained in this app comes from a variety of public domain sources, including US government websites, Wikipedia Commons, public universities, and public domain archives. To the best of our knowledge, the images used in this app can be used in commercial products without license restriction.
If you have questions about our use of this content, or if you believe that some of this content may be copyrighted, please contact Darren Gates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 20, 2009
- Darren Gates
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (4)
- 2.1 MB