Psychometrics (or psychological measurement) is the branch of psychology that deals with the design, construction and validation of quantitative tests for measuring aptitudes, attitudes, traits, knowledge, personality, and intelligence. Psychometrics is the second-most important content area in psychology next to statistics, yet many psychologists are unaware of its powerful tools and techniques.
Written by a M.A. in psychology who has developed and validated psychological tests, this educational/reference app provides detailed yet concise descriptions (including formulas) of over 50 psychometric terms in eleven categories:
- Measurement Scales
- Attitude Scales
- Variance and Covariance
- Classical Test Theory
- Bias and Error
- Item Writing
- Item Analysis
Version 1.0 Features:
- Ability to e-mail and print topic pages
- Built-in tools for computing test reliability (Spearman-Brown formula) and disattenuated correlations
- Graphics are optimized for the iPhone Retina Display
Early user feedback has been overwhelmingly positive:
"I would totally use this app if I were a psychology student."
"This app is going to be very popular with anyone who works with tests."
"The interface is very clean and minimalist."
"I like how the formulas are explained rather than just presented."
"Other apps like this are small dictionaries; this app is a small textbook."
- Resolved an issue where if the app was launched in landscape mode on an iPad running iOS 6.0 or later, the Tools button did not appear until the device was rotated
- Refreshed UI
- Redesigned icon
- Requires iOS 5.1 or later
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 17, 2013
- Randomly Parallel Apps Inc.
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 6.0 MB