Power of Words: Advanced English
PoW! is the best way to boost your English vocabulary for good. Stop memorizing lists and painlessly learn the hidden patterns of words. FAIR WARNING: Contains words useful for the SAT, ACT, GRE or LSAT exams, or that you’ll use in college essays. A must-have if you are going to read. Or speak. Or create refrigerator poetry...
Launch the app and snap together stems to create a word. Tap a word and see how it’s used in urbane magazines and literature. Find all five words of the day and refrigerator magnets drift onto your screen so you can create shareable poems.
Note: If English is a foreign language for you, do try our 'Learn American English: Common phrases at work and at home.'
Features of POW: Advanced English:
*No flash cards, no rote memorization
*Learn key word parts without even knowing it
*Tactile and visual
*Authentic content, interesting sources means no made-up examples
*Includes the most important roots
Unlock the secret patterns of words, so you actually remember what you learn and recognize new words you encounter, forever!
This update makes the app even better for reading articles and viewing media. Animation shows when content from articles and websites is pulled to your completed vocabulary word. As before, you can challenge yourself to create "refrigerator magnet poetry" using some of your vocabulary -- now with new snippets from the works of Elizabeth Bishop, Richard Brautigan,Robert Frost, Frank O’Hara, Gertrude Stein, and James Wright. Also as a bonus, literary terms have been added to the word packs.
If you are an educator interested in having an app customized for your curriculum, visit www.panafold.com. Feedback is always welcome!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Feb 27, 2013
- 22.4 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 5.00 (6)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Connections: Romeo & Juliet
• Connections: SLC Lit Styles
• European History: Innovators from the Scientific Revolution to the Enlightenment
• Introduction to Plant Biology
• Learn American English: Common phrases at work and at home
• Macbeth: Shakespeare’s play through Elizabethan theater and vocabulary.
• Middle School English
• NYU Says!
• Norwegian Discovery
• Power of Words Lite
• Power of Words! SAT® and Critical Reading Vocabulary
• SLC: Anatomy and Physiology
• SLC: for Lord of the Flies
• Varsity Vocabulary: Welcome to High School