P.O.V. - Spatial Reasoning Skills Development
★Top app for spatial aptitude test prep and spatial reasoning skills improvement.
★5-star rating from TheiPhoneMom.com
★ Named 2012 "Developer of Distinction" by Apps For Children With Special Needs
★ Named TeachersWithApps "12 Best Special Needs Apps of 2012 – Special Education"
★ P.O.V. is ON SALE for $2.99 (reg. price $4.99)
★ Along with Dexteria and LetterReflex, P.O.V. is part of our trilogy of essential apps for OTs
**Listed "What's Hot" in iTunes Medical category**
From the makers of the top-selling app Dexteria, P.O.V. helps develop spatial reasoning skills in kids and adults.
Spatial reasoning skills are the foundation of many important developmental and cognitive skills, including:
• Knowing left from right
• Understanding abstract math concepts such as shape and space
• Succeeding on standardized tests in elementary and high school
• Geometry skills
• Map reading and navigation skills
• Visual reasoning
• Verbal and non-verbal reasoning
• Geography skills
• Having a strong sense of space and time
P.O.V. is a set of 3 activities designed to teach spatial reasoning skills through fun, challenging, interactive activities.
1)Intro & Explore- Learn about the game mechanics and 4 different points of view.
2)Vantage Point - See a top view and side view of objects and choose the matching side view.
3)Make a Scene - Move the top view objects to match the side view.
Players must think their way through the activities, which get increasingly difficult as each level is mastered. Players are timed and are challenged to continually improve on their best times.
P.O.V. is designed for all learners age 8-18. Advanced 6-7 year olds may also benefit from using the app, as well as adults who are "directionally challenged." :-)
For best results the exercises should be done on a regular basis. The activities are designed to be repeatable and engaging, and when used on a regular basis will help spatial reasoning skills improve.
The automatic tracking and reporting feature makes it easy for parents, teachers and therapists to identify time on task and progress. You can email the progress reports right from the app itself.
• Unique interactive-viewpoint approach to developing spatial reasoning skills
• Easy to use, fun to play
• Based on sound educational principles and adapted for interactive media
• Runs on all iPads
• Randomized game play ensures kids won’t get bored
• Automatically generates usage reports
• Reports can be emailed to parents, teachers, therapists
The app comes from the makers of Dexteria and LetterReflex, both award-winning apps that, like P.O.V., help develop critical childhood developmental skills. Here’s what users and reviewers are saying about Dexteria and LetterReflex:
★ Voted TOP 3 APP for 2011 in SmartAppsForKids.com Reader's Poll
★ Voted TOP 10 TRIED AND TRUE CLASSROOM APPS on Teacherswithapps.com
★ Voted a Favorite App for 2011 by A4cwsn Facebook Community
★ Editor's Choice Award - Children's Technology Review
“Very impressed with this app. I've been looking for something like this for a very long time." - from Apps for Children with Special Needs
"For occupational therapists, the one huge benefit is the ability to track the child's progress." - from YourTherapySource.com
Editor's Choice Award from Children's Technology Review
"Outstanding app and I highly recommend it. Children are very motivated to use it. I’m a Pediatric Occupational Therapist and I use it to work on fine motor integration, fine motor precision, hand exercises, handwriting, writing speed, etc." - Authentic app store review
We're serious about your privacy. This app does not track or share your personal information with us or anyone else. There is no user id tracking software, and no advertisements. In summary, we have no idea who you are!
• Made some minor bug fixes and UI improvements.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 04, 2012
- BinaryLabs, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (49)
- 5.6 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Dexteria - Fine Motor Skill Development
• Dexteria Jr. - Fine Motor Skill Development for Preschoolers
• Dexteria VPP - Fine Motor Skill Development
• LetterReflex - Overcoming Letter Reversals & Backwards Writing in Early Childhood Development & Dyslexic Children
• LetterReflex VPP - Overcoming Letter Reversals & Backwards Writing in Early Childhood Development & Dyslexic Children