Picture Card Maker - For Communication and More!
Picture Card Maker is an ideal tool for parents and educators. It is a simple-to-use program that allows you to create Picture Cards or Visuals to be used for communication, reading and many other educational purposes. These picture cards may either be used directly over your device as a communication tool or they may be printed off and used in communication folders and as visuals in the home or classroom.
The 'Choice Board' feature will allow your child/student to make choices directly over your device and the 'Sentence Strip' feature will help expand your child/student's vocabulary. Picture card Maker can be used by people of all ages including young toddlers learning to talk to adults who struggle with speech. It is also designed to benefit children/adults with a disability such as those with autism who have difficulty communicating their needs and wants. You can use Picture Card Maker for many purposes including:
* Create visuals to keep your child/student organized by creating personal calendars or schedules to establish routines helping students to anticipate what is happening next, thus reducing anxiety.
* Use picture cards for communication purposes for those who have limited or no speech or for those who struggle to make requests.
* Use Picture Card Maker in conjunction with the popular PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System) program to help build your child's communication skills. Go to www.myselc.com.au or www.pecs.com for more information about PECS.
* Create personal choice boards to encourage choice-making. Your child can choose between choices of foods, toys, activities, places to go, etc. You can use Picture Card Maker to make choices directly from your device; make a selection and the chosen card will pop up with voice. The other option is to make choice boards by printing out the picture cards and placing them on a board for your child to choose.
* Picture cards can reduce behavior problems, making feelings cards allows the students to express how they feel and activity choice boards can redirect them from inappropriate behaviors.
* Scroll through the cards you have created on your device, now with voiceovers you can record your voice on each card. Your child will love scrolling through them whilst learning to speak and read at the same time!
Assist students with beginning literacy skills by adapting books placing the picture cards above or below the text.
Create step-by-step procedure for activities such as cooking lessons or craft activities or simply washing hands.
Fixed inApp purchase to remove ads.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 03, 2013
- Bo Innovations
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (36)
- 13.8 MB