Omniglot Chinese is an app to help learners read, write and recognize Chinese characters.
The app presents four hundred of the most commonly used characters split into forty easy to learn lessons. For each character the app features:
- large easy to read character graphic
- pinyin spelling with tone marks
- English translation
- animated stroke by stroke demonstration of how to write the character
- audio pronunciation of the character by a native Chinese speaker
The app also features exercises to help you practise reading, listening and writing. This makes it easy to commit the characters to memory. The app keeps track of your performance in these tests and shows you how well you are doing using a simple progress tracker for every character.
There are also eight revision lessons that group together five lessons to let you work with a larger group of characters - perfect for weekend review sessions.
Omniglot.com is one of the world's leading websites dedicated to writing systems and languages.
We've added another 100 characters to this release (taking the total in the app to 400).
We also updated the Today's Lesson feature. The current lesson now only increments after you have completed a previous lesson. You can also specify any one of the 40 lessons as today's lesson.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Aug 23, 2012
- Leafcutter Studios Ltd
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (6)
- 21.3 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Blobble Match
• Blobble Piano
• David Mead : CAGED
• David Mead : Chord Coach
• David Mead : Guitar Gym
• David Mead Twelve Bar Blues
• Gypsy Jazz Guitar with Tim Robinson
• Matt Warnock 101 Jazz Guitar Licks
• Matt Warnock Guitar 251 Chords
• Matt Warnock Guitar : 101 Jazz Guitar Licks
• Matt Warnock Guitar Jazz Scales
• Primal Smoothies