Mike Has a Bike
Mike Has a Bike is one of six books in David Hollaway's Witty Bitty Bunch series. In the story, Mike wants to find friends to ride his bicycle with. Who will it be? Jill and Phil on the hill? Clark the Clever Cat? Or Ike and Jay at the bay? This is a great story for bed time and fun time reading. Parents, teachers, and children all love Mike Ha a Bike for its rhythm, rhyming, engaging characters, and vibrant illustrations.
* Read - The reader can read the story
* Watch - The reader can watch the fully animated story. This option is beneficial for younger or struggling readers
* Vocabulary – There is a vocabulary section where the reader can tap the words to hear it used in a sentence.
* Animated scenes and characters increase engagement and comprehension
* Story is professionally narrated
* Physical fitness, friendship, outdoor activity
* Early literacy
* Increase interest in reading
* Help increase reading comprehension
* Increase listening skills
* Increase important social skills
* Boys and girls ages 2 to 6
* Beginning readers
* Grades PK, K, 1
* English-language learners
TEACHERS USING COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS
Mike has a Bike assists teachers and parents, both directly and indirectly, in supporting Common Core State Standards (CCSS') in English Language Arts. Joe Has a Sore Toe is designed for preschool, kindergarten, and grade 1 as well as special needs students. Below is a list of the corresponding CCSS's for kindergarten and grade 1:
Reading: Foundational Skills> Phonological Awareness>Phonological Awareness> Kindergarten
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.2 Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.2a Recognize and produce rhyming words.
Reading: Foundational Skills> Phonics and Word Recognition> Kindergarten
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.3 Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.3b Associate the long and short sounds with the common spellings (graphemes) for the five major vowels.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.3c Read common high-frequency words by sight (e.g., the, of, to, you, she, my, is, are, do, does).
Language: Vocabulary Acquisition and Use> Kindergarten
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.K.5 With guidance and support from adults, explore word relationships and nuances in word meanings.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.K.5a Sort common objects into categories (e.g., shapes, foods) to gain a sense of the concepts the categories represent.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.K.5c Identify real-life connections between words and their use (e.g., note places at school that are colorful).
Reading: Foundational Skills> Phonological Awareness>Phonological Awareness> Grade 1
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.2 Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.2a Distinguish long from short vowel sounds in spoken single-syllable words.
Reading: Foundational Skills> Phonics and Word Recognition> Grade 1
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.3 Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.3a Know the spelling-sound correspondences for common consonant digraphs.
Language: Vocabulary Acquisition and Use> Grade 1
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.1.5 With guidance and support from adults, demonstrate understanding of word relationships and nuances in word meanings.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.1.5a Sort words into categories (e.g., colors, clothing) to gain a sense of the concepts the categories represent.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.1.5b Define words by category and by one or more key attributes (e.g., a duck is a bird that swims; a tiger is a large cat with stripes).
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.1.5c Identify real-life connections between words and their use (e.g., note places at home that are cozy).
- Addressed iOS7 compatibility issues.
- Updated icon.
- Added app to the new "Kids" category.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 30, 2013
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 18.5 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Beginning Writing: Letters and Numbers
• Jenny Found a Penny
• Joe Has A Sore Toe
• Kim Likes to Swim
• Paul is Tall
• Pete Has Big Feet
• Quackenworth's English Language Reference
• Quackenworth's Math Reference
• Ray Jay and the Grumpy Tree
• Remixed Fairy Tales: Moldy Socks and the Three Little Hares
• Remixed Fairy Tales: Salmonella: A Germ-Packed Love Story!
• Remixed Fairy Tales: The Gingerbread Scam
• Remixed Fairy Tales: The Silly Goats Bluff
• Remixed Fairy Tales: The Three Little Figs
• Vowel Stories for Beginning Readers: Long Sounds
• Vowel Stories for Beginning Readers: Short Sounds
• Vowel Stories: Flash Cards