Martha Speaks Word Spinner
Gather the family for the ultimate party game – with a distinctly Martha twist! Up to four players can join in the fun, with six interactive mini-games that both kids and parents can enjoy together. Players select their game piece from their favorite dog characters from the Martha Speaks television series and then the adventure begins. Along the way to the finish, players will encounter more than 100 vocabulary words like colorful, scientist, and nutritious while building their storytelling and oral vocabulary skills.
In this arcade-style game, players catapult balls into moving buckets. The buckets are illustrated with key vocabulary words and players need to land their balls into the right buckets before time runs out (example words: precipitation, instruments, athletics).
NAME 5 THINGS
Martha asks players to name five things that are part of a certain category (examples: creatures, flavors of ice cream, things that make you ecstatic). They get to pop balloons as they speak each answer.
In this game, players are asked to tell a story that incorporates a bunch of silly sound effects. Players are prompted with a setting for their story (examples: in the park, at the beach, in a castle) that will give them a foundation to build on.
Help Martha sort through a humongous pile of stuff! Players slide cards illustrated with key vocabulary words into a box before time runs out (example words: vehicle, summer, construction).
WHO AM I?
It’s show time! In this game, players act out occupations depicted with an illustration (example words: nurse, carpenter, singer). The other players have to guess who they are!
In this game, players match pictures sitting at the end of stretchy ropes. Each picture is illustrated with a key vocabulary word (example words: artwork, money, beverage).
So what are you waiting for – first player to the doghouse wins!
ABOUT MARTHA SPEAKS
Martha Speaks Word Spinner features characters from the PBS KIDS animated TV series Martha Speaks. Aimed at viewers between the ages of four and seven, the series’ educational goal is to teach kids new words. Based on the children's book series by Susan Meddaugh and published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, the series stars Martha, a beloved family dog. She is accidentally fed alphabet soup — this gives her the power of speech and the chance to speak her mind to anyone that will listen. Visit the series website at http://pbskids.org/martha/
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 24, 2013
- PBS KIDS
- 38.0 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 5.00 (12)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (47)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• All Aboard the Dinosaur Train!
• Arthur's Big App
• Caillou Let's Pretend
• Cookie Monster's Challenge
• Cyberchase 3D Builder
• CyberChase Shape Quest!
• D.W.'s Unicorn Adventure
• Daniel Tiger's Grr-ific Feelings
• Daniel Tiger’s Day & Night
• Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood: Play at Home with Daniel
• Dinosaur Train A to Z
• Dinosaur Train Camera Catch!
• Dinosaur Train Classic in the Jurassic, Jr.!
• Dinosaur Train Eggspress
• Dinosaur Train Mesozoic Math Adventures
• FETCH! LUNCH RUSH
• Fizzy's Lunch Lab Fresh Pick
• Fizzy's Lunch Lab: Hectic Harvest
• Martha Speaks Dog Party
• Martha Speaks Story Maker
• Odd Squad: Blob Chase
• PBS KIDS Photo Factory
• PBS KIDS Super Vision
• PBS KIDS Video
• PBS Parents Play & Learn
• PBS Parents Play & Learn HD
• Peg + Cat Big Gig
• Peg + Cat: The Tree Problem
• Plum's Photo Hunt
• Sid the Science Kid Read & Play
• Sid the Science Kid Read & Play for iPad
• Sid's Science Fair
• SUPER WHY ABC Adventures: Alphabet
• SUPER WHY ABC Adventures: Alphabet for iPad
• SUPER WHY Alpha Boost!
• SUPER WHY Paint!
• SUPER WHY Phonics Fair
• SUPER WHY Phonics Fair for iPad
• SUPER WHY!
• SUPER WHY! for iPad
• Super WHY! The Power to Read!
• The Electric Company Party Game: Lost on Prankster Planet
• The Electric Company Wordball!
• Thomas & Friends Watch and Play
• Wild Kratts Creature Math
• Wild Kratts Creature Power
• Wild Kratts World Adventure
• WordGirl Superhero Training
• WordWorld: Fun with WordFriends