Learn and Play Recorder
iOS Universal Education
Learn and Play Recorder teaches beginners about the recorder, how to
read music and how to play the soprano recorder. The app includes 38
songs from Just B to Camptown Races, all with a full performance track
to play along with! This app is based on the Recorder Resource Kit
by Denise Gagné, which has been used by hundreds of thousands of
children in the USA and Canada to learn to play the recorder.
All about the Recorder: Through visuals and narration, students will
learn about different sizes of recorders, composers who wrote for the
recorder, and how to begin playing the recorder.
How to Care for the Recorder: Through photos and narration, students
will learn how to care for and clean the recorder.
How Notes are Named: Students will learn the names of the notes and
where they are found on the musical staff
Counting Music: This section introduces students to the note values
that will be used in the songs they will learn to play.
Let’s Begin: Students are taught how to tongue the notes, and how to
blow the recorder with a beautiful sound. The first note B is
Soprano Fingering: This is a reference section for students to use
when they need to learn the fingering for a note.
The Songs: There are 38 songs included in this App, all with
performance tracks, and a recorder playing the melody. Students can
listen to the performance and check that their own performance is
accurate! The songs begin with Just B, Just A and then A and B.
Songs are introduced in a careful sequence that takes students from
playing just one note, to playing the entire C scale.
The songs include themes of works by famous composers. Press the name
of the composer to read about the composer. Hide the composer
biographies when you are finished.
1. Just B B
2. Just A A
3. A and B Blues A B
4. Just G G
5. G and A Blues G A
6. Side Step G A B
7. Au clair de la lune G A B
8. Hot Cross Buns G A Btheme and variations
9. Starlight E G
10. Lucy Locket E G A
11. Kagome E G A B
12. BAGE Blues E G A B
13. Little Tommy Tiddlemouse E G A
14. Trampin’ G A Bpickup note
15. Doggie Doggie E G Aslur
16. Salish Hand Game G A Bslur
17. Skin and Bones E G A Bslur
18. Frog in the Middle D E G
19. Country Swing D E G A
20. Ho Ho Watanay E G A B
21. My Paddle E G A B
22. Rondo E G A Bcreate a B section
23. “C” you in Dixie C’
24. Hush Little Baby G A B C’
25. Sanctus G A B C’ Franz Schubert
26. Bouffons G A B C’
27. C and D C’ D’
28. Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring G A B C’ D’ Johann Sebastian Bach,
29. Ode to Joy G A B C’ D’ Ludwig van Beethoven
30. Renaissance Round G A B D’
31. Closet Key F G A
32. From the New World F G A C’ Antonin Dvorak
33. Morning F G A C’ D’ Edvard Grieg
34. Good King Wenceslas G A B C’ D’
35. Jingle Bells G A B C’ D’ staccato
36. Jolly Old St. Nicholas D E G A Bplaying in two parts
37. The C Scale C D E F G A B C’
If you have any questions about anything in the Learn and Play
Recorder App, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Updated iPad support