The exhibition "Late Raphael" was held at the Musée du Louvre from October 11, 2012 to January 14, 2013. Treat yourself to a private tour of some of the masterpieces on display with the dedicated audio guide app.
This unprecedented exhibition, organized by the Louvre in partnership with the Museo del Prado, brings together the works produced by Raphael in Rome during the last years of his short life.
This was the period in which Raphael style attained its full maturity, marking without a doubt the apogee of the Italian Renaissance. But he was far from a solitary genius. He worked with the aid of numerous disciples in order to fill the many commissions he received. Other hands therefore often had a part in his creations, especially those of his trusted assistants, Giulio Romano and Gianfrancesco Penni.
For the first time, the master’s works are presented alongside those executed by his pupils. The aim is to facilitate an understanding of the extent of involvement of Raphael and his collaborators.
Use our mobile application to make the most of your exhibition visit!
• Discover the fascinating facts behind the masterpieces on display with the help of curator Vincent Delieuvin from the Louvre Department of Paintings, who also curated the exhibition.
• Exploring sixteen key works, Vincent Delieuvin discusses major themes of the exhibition such as Raphael’s years of maturity in Rome, the significance of the master’s workshop and the prominent role of Giulio Romano and Gianfrancesco Penni, his principal assistants.
• Find your way around with our interactive map.
• Access all the information you need about the museum in general.
Additional content is required to run the application. You will be prompted to download it when you start the app.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 10, 2013
- MUSEE DU LOUVRE
- 12.6 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- No data
- Other Apps By This Developer
• De l’Allemagne, 1800-1939. From Friedrich to Beckmann
• Louvre Audio Guide
• Musée du Louvre
• Musée du Louvre HD
• Saint Anne, Leonardo da Vinci’s ultimate masterpiece
• The Musée National Eugène Delacroix
• The Springtime of the Renaissance – Sculpture and the Arts in Florence, 1400-1460