The Lakota Toddler App is designed for children ages 2 to 9 to learn to speak the Lakota language through the use of interactive visual flashcards, audio, and gameplay lessons.
The use of the app will introduce children to basic Lakota vocabulary in categories such as numbers, food, body parts, animals and phrases. Children can flip through the fun illustrated flash cards for a visual association of the word and listen to the audio pronunciation of each word to get familiar with how the word is spoken. Once a child becomes familiar with the words they can play a visual and audio game that will give them three fun illustrations to choose from and one word in Lakota to increase there memory of words and pronunciation. The game is random and kids can keep playing an increase their knowledge of the language.
Learning Lakota is a fun and exciting exercise for your child especially at a very young age. With the Lakota Toddler app, your child will enjoy the attraction of interactive flashcards, audio, and the positive feedback and progression through gameplay of the play module.
Here's what is in the Lakota Toddler app:
• Develop basic vocabulary in Lakota
• Immerse your child through the Lakota language
• Form word relationships quickly with categories of content
• High-quality and fun illustrations that help increase retention and
How to play:
• Select a lesson or category.
• Swipe from image to image and tap on the image to listen to the Lakota language
• Have you child repeat the word in Lakota to practice pronunciation
• Watch as your child enjoys learning the Lakota language.
• Select play
• Listen to the Lakota language audio.
• Click on one of the three images that match the word.
• After selecting the correct word and getting feedback, a new word
and set of images will appear.
• Your child can keep playing and become more familiar with
each word and pronunciation.
Additional features and lessons coming soon!
- added new words and categories
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Aug 20, 2012
- Isreal Shortman
- 8.4 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 5.00 (3)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 5.00 (18)