Know Your Math Facts
Know Your Math Facts is an educational app to help children memorize addition and subtraction math facts with sums/differences to 20. Two proven teaching strategies are used to help children memorize and quickly recall math facts to aide in preparation for timed tests at school.
A math triangle and fact families are used to help children understand the relationship between addition and subtraction and enable children to learn multiple related facts at once making recall easier and quicker. The goal of the math triangle is for students to learn to associate numbers without depending on symbols to direct the appropriate computation. For students needing a scaffold, addition and subtraction symbols are available as an option.
In this fun game, children solve math facts by dragging a number into the corner of a hand-drawn math triangle. There are 16 levels targeting a specific group of math facts. Each level has a fun, colorful theme that will keep children engaged. There is also a timed test component which allows children to test their knowledge. A summary page is also provided with the time spent and facts to study.
This educational tool was created by a first grade teacher and is designed for kindergarten, first, and second grade students. It is aligned with the Common Core State Standards and targets one of the four critical areas in mathematics.
* 2 proven teaching strategies to help your child understand mathematical relationships
* 16 levels, each with its own theme
* Single and double-digit levels for varied abilities
* Immediate answer confirmation
* Colorful hand drawn pictures to engage your child
* A summary page showing your child's timed test results
* Aligned with Common Core State Standards, targeting one of the four critical areas in mathematics
Fixed some images not displaying properly bug.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 23, 2012
- Math Munchkie
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (12)
- 19.5 MB