Japanese Sensei Deluxe
iOS iPhone Education
Build your Japanese vocabulary with the guidance of a Japanese Sensei.
Japanese Sensei is a vocabulary building application for learners of Japanese. Through structured, graded lessons and fun but challenging quizzes, learners of all levels can quickly expand their Japanese vocabulary.
This application is fully localized for English, Korean and Chinese (Simplified & Traditional) and Portuguese.
Building one's vocabulary is one of the most important and time-consuming aspects of language learning. This is why Japanese Sensei has been structured into small, bite-sized lessons so you can make quick, recognizable progress without feeling overwhelmed. Your progress will be tracked for you as you make your way through the lessons of the application, and will remember where you are in your studies, testing you only on the words you have learned, and even prioritizing words based on how well you have done on them previously.
The application features a special Review section with seven different quizzes and games to further test yourself and reinforce the words you have learned. Not only can you test yourself on vocabulary, but you can also try your hand at sentence building as well as learning how to use Japanese particles.
This application has not been developed using free dictionary data available on the web, but rather has been built using quality dictionary data produced by Jack Halpern's CJK Dictionary Institute. Halpern is the editor-in-chief of several kanji dictionaries for learners, which have become standard reference works.
Japanese Sensei comes loaded with nearly 10,000 of the most frequently used Japanese words as selected by a committee of experts on Japanese language education. What's more, each word is accompanied by example sentences, and audio for all the words and example sentences recorded by native Japanese speakers. By concentrating on the most frequent, important words, Japanese Sensei allows you to focus on exactly the vocabulary you need to learn to start speaking and reading Japanese fast.
* short, 10-word lessons
* 7 different quizzes to test and reinforce learned vocabulary
* audio recorded by native Japanese speakers for all words and example sentences
* romanized Japanese to aid beginning students not yet comfortable with kana
* furigana displayed for all Japanese words and example sentences
* searchable index to all vocabulary terms and example sentences contained in the app
Advance level for Chinese users.
Fixed a few bugs.
1) make sure no extra entry is added into the learnt list.
2) if user choose the correct answer, quickly switch to the next word in quiz mode.
3) Long Chinese sentence is cut off
4) Tag name does not allow space and non-English characters
5) false warning in the test mode while there is enough entry to test from the current test source.